“What a fantastic place!”

The Grove -- The Inn on Harlee
Ranked #2 of 2 Marion B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Grove was the first B&B I've ever been to ... and wow, I was so impressed. The house is large, very spacious, with beautifully decorated rooms. I had the pleasure of staying in the main floor suite which was very, very nice. Ann & Denley had begun their Christmas decorating and my living room had a beautiful tree setup. It was so cozy and warm, I felt as though I was staying with family. Breakfasts were delicious, especially the cinnamon pull-aparts that we had on the last day. There was so much food, I usually couldn't finish everything on my plate.

I also enjoyed sitting down and talking with Ann & Denley and chatting. They are a fantastic couple, and you will immediately feel welcome in their home. If I'm ever back in Marion, SC I will definitely want to stay there.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at the Grove for only one night, but it was worth it! Ann and Denley are great. I walked up to Ann greeting me at the door and showing me straight to my room, it was fantastic. I then met Denley and walked around outside with him. He showed me the grounds, which is impressive. They cater to your every need. I would definitely return, hopefully having more time to explore. Thank you Ann and Denley!

Room Tip: The senator's room is wonderful
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ann and Denley are the epitome of "southern hospitality"! What a wealth of knowledge and willingness to share their love of serving others. The Grove is an absolute treasure. Such beautiful grounds and garden. The home is gorgeous; the breakfast makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I am SO glad we chose The Grove--the Inn on Harlee. A lifetime memory for sure.

Room Tip: Each room is lovely and special.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We booked a night here almost by happenstance, just because it was located in the right location to stop for the night during our drive down the East Coast. Ann and Denley, the owners, are gracious hosts and gladly gave us a tour of the property. The Inn is a large manor home that has been lovingly restored by the owners. Much of the furniture and furnishings are original to the home and date back into the 1700's. Other pieces are period reproductions made by Denley himself in a carpentry shop on site. Unlike the bedrooms in most B&B's in which I've stayed, the bedrooms here are quite large and very well appointed. The kids (12 and 14) especially enjoyed staying in Katie's Room - outfitted with twin beds, and watching the chickens which Ann and Denley raise on the property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

WOW! What a WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL place to stay! I travel all over South Carolina on business and have stayed in many hotels. After truly enjoying my 4 days spent at The Grove, I will be looking for more B&Bs around the state! Ann and Denley are incredible hosts in this incredible place. It was very relaxing to come back to the house after a long day of work and relax in the bench swing under the shade tree or on the side porch. And then retreat to my very comfortable and lovely private room and bath! Thank you for a GREAT week! I am already looking at my calendar to book my next stay at The Grove. You have GOT to book a stay! Take Care!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna T
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at the Grove for an overnight when we were passing through, and my only disappointment was that we weren't staying longer! Ann and Denley were absolutely gracious hosts, and I know that word seems to be in alot of other reviews, but it is truly the best way to describe them. Warm and friendly, we felt instantly welcomed. The property is gorgeous, all of the historic things done to keep authenticity are really neat too! My 11 year old daughter was absolutely enthralled, and spent the better part of the afternoon and evening exploring the house and grounds, encouraged by Ann and Denely, and was even allowed to help make breakfast on a wood fire stove, which she loved! Breakfast was amazing, not just because my daughter helped of course, but because it was delicious! I also feel that I need to note that we took our 8 month old son to this bed and breakfast, where he was totally accepted and loved. This was really a great place, and if we are ever in that area, we are absolutely staying again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Luz L
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The Grove is a beautiful place. I had the pleasure of viewing all of the rooms, and there is not one room that would disappoint. Each room is beautifully, and tastefully, decorated. We stayed in the room known as the Senators Room, the colors are warm and the way the sun comes through the windows is beautiful. The bathroom... just makes you want to take a bath ;-) The owners are wonderful, they made us very comfortable. The food! The thought of it right now is making me want to go back! The breakfast is amazing! I know when reading reviews to help decide on a place to stay sometimes you hesitate. There is no need to do that with this place. Without a doubt stay here if you have the chance.

Room Tip: The room with the twin beds, I believe named the Sisters Room, is so bright and airy and inviting. T...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grove -- The Inn on Harlee? Share your experiences!