“Can someone tell me why this hotel is $150/night?”

Hampton Inn Manning
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Manning
Miami
“Can someone tell me why this hotel is $150/night?”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so I didn't stay here. 11:00 pm on a Friday in the middle of nowhere SC.....walk in fully expecting to sleep here & they want $150 a night? The lobby was certainly not one of the better HI lobbies & it smelled like BO. I have stayed at HIs from Miami to (and including) NYC and always been pleased ..... Until now. Paid $152 the night before for a 4 star hotel in downtown Philly....go figure. So Hampton Inns, what's up with that?

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bcd1960
Hampton I, Manager at Hampton Inn Manning, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
It was Labor Day holiday and rates were at $140.00, or normal rate is $109.00 plus 12% tax. I am sorry if you feel that our rates are to high but we have a very nice property and our rates are in line with other Hampton's in our area. As you know hotel rates are like everything else that we purchase; supply and demand regulate our prices. Thank you for you loyalty to our brand.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Miami, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed at cheaper hotels and have had bad experience with bugs and safety concerns. I will not mention the names but they are usually priced at half the price of Hampton Inn. For the price of a meal I rather have the safety and cleanliness that my family deserves, and save that money by taking advantage of the free breakfast. Hilton HHonors is right for me! Don't miss out on AAA discounts!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great Hotel, half way point on my trip to visit family in Florida. Very consistant, never had a problem here. Great Breakfast, Nice pool for the kids and grand kids. very clean and comfortable. Got a great nights sleep and was ready for the rest of my trip. Have stayed here at least 6 times and always a great stay and a great value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The hotel is being updated. We stayed in one of the updated rooms. The room was roomy and clean. There was a microwave and mini refrigerator in our room. Breakfast was included- it was good. It included both hot and cold food items. The staff were good in adding food when needed. We were happy with our stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I stopped at this Hampton Inn during our trip along I-95. The hotel is located less than a mile off I-95, which is convenient. There are several other hotels in the general area. We did not make a reservation ahead of time, but called the hotel once we found a coupon in one of the travel books that are available at the I-95 rest stops. The coupon was good for $79.99/night for 1 - 2 people, however since we had two young children our price jumped to $120. We wound up booking with our AAA rate instead. The hotel had plenty of rooms available, but apparently the previous few weekends had been very busy. Overall, the rooms were very nice and typical of Hamptons. The room was very clean, and we had no issues in the room. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was the usual Hampton fare (cereal, oatmeal, waffles, pastries, etc). We did not make use of the pool or fitness facilities. I would stay here again, though I would try to book further ahead to get a better deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Casselberry, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This Hampton Inn is a little older the others that I have visit. The rooms have been upgrade to match the quality of the other properties and I love the décor. The only problem was I had some hair in the tub and the air conditioning didn't work properly. On the other hand the staff is GREAT!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Bountiful, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just off the interstate, this Hampton is a great stop for a quick stay. The rooms are well maintained and the staff quick to serve. The breakfast is served early so you can be on your way. The walls can be a little thin so bring your ear plugs and be aware that this is a stop over for some long haulers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manning
Hampton Inn Santee
#3 of 13 in Santee
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 13 in Santee

Been to Hampton Inn Manning? Share your experiences!