“Surprisingly Bad Experience”

Super 8 Manning
Super 8 Manning
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Manning
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I do not often write a review for my experiences but this hotel deserves the effort if it keeps a few people away from this place. I am not terribly picky but this hotel surprised me at how bod it was. While not terribly overpriced compared to nearby hotels, I felt as if I were paying for a $10.00 a night hotel. The toilet almost fell over when used, two lights were completely broken in the room and the smell inside actually caused a gag reflex in my wife. The entire place was stained and dirty and while the staff was courteous the owner appeared much as his hotel did. While we were there a robbery occurred in the unlit parking lot and when we left we all breathed a collective sigh of relief. Spend the money not to stay here, it's atrocious and dangerous. Good luck.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed November 8, 2007

The place is a total dump. The lock in the first room did not work, so had to go to a second room. There, the light over the sink worked occasionally. Hot water was at best about 80 degrees, even after trying to run several minutes. The "deluxe" continental breakfast was some prepackaged pastries and crackers, 2 types of cereal, coffee and orange juice. I could not get out of there fast enough. If you're staying in Manning at same exit, go to the other side of I-95, hotels looked a lot nicer over there.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken H
Reviewed September 3, 2007

This place is something else. If there is another motel close by, stay in it, not this one. The rooms were not very nice at all. Old and looking dirty . And by gosh make sure the remote is on top of the TV or something when you leave. They have this thing going that they charge your credit card $20 for a so called "stolen" remote. When I called the motel about this charge to my credit card he called me a thief and said that when you steal the remote we charge you. then he proceded to hang up on me. He never asked when I stayed or what room I was even in or even my name. I'm a 47 year old that has better things to do than steal remotes from hotel rooms! STAY SOMEWHER ELSE!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank skooter1960
Reviewed February 6, 2007

Horrible! No security whatsoever. Doors to street left opened and unlocked. Dirty and very outdated. Looked more like a rent-by-hour establishment! Sorry I spent the money.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank smm531
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manning
SureStay Hotel by Best Western Manning
Baymont Inn & Suites Manning
Super 8 Santee
Super 8 Santee
#3 of 13 in Santee

Been to Super 8 Manning? Share your experiences!