“should have checked this out on line”
Review of Super 8 Manning

Super 8 Manning
Super 8 Manning
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Manning
Raleigh, North Carolina
“should have checked this out on line”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

the price on the sign on the rd was reasonable but that was not what we were charged, By the time he added tax and 10.00 for our little dog we could have stayed at Days Inn, The room was not that great, there was electric plug hanging out of the wall, there is not way we can take a shower. The bathroom is horrible. also we have AARP that he said he took off but he did not. We have stayed in super 8's before and have never been in such a dump before. Will never stay here again and maybe not any super 8's again.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I made the mistake of being a drive up at this dump. I needed large vehicle parking, and they have a sign on the interstate stating they have this. (Small area)
The desk clerk questioned me about the nature of my trip, if the card I was using was a personal or corporate card, and then charged me $5 over the online rates 'since your company will pay you back'. This is BS. I was tired, and the AC in my truck died, so I accepted it.
The room is dirty. If you have trouble finding the light swtiches or doorknobs, just look for the collections of finger and handprints around each.
The fabric covered chairs in the room have stains. The furniture is old and peeling.

Remodel, demolish, or at least clean this dump up and charge a fair price.
Super 8, have you checked this motel lately?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PC1955

Travelers are raving about these Manning hotels

Lusby, Maryland
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Arrived with my family (including a special needs child) after a long day on the road only to find my reservation request of 6 months prior was not going to be honored (refused to provide adjacent or adjoining rooms - they wanted me to put the kids somewhere down the hall from us). The owner/manager was rude and inconsiderate. He would not even let my wife use the bathroom while I tried to fix the situation, he said "She can go across the street to the gas station." While I was on the phone with Wyndham Rewards (through whom I made the reservation) he said, "You are wasting my time." Fortunately Wyndham Rewards was able to cancel this reservation and rebook me in a nearby competitor (a much nicer property) at only a slightly higher rate. Stay away from this place, the owner doesn't care about the customer and seemed put out by my attempts to explain my situation.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MDfamilydad
Shrewsbury, MA
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I really regret that I would have check the review online. It was a super 8, how bad it could be. We thought this way when we stopped at this place very late at night. Kid has already soundly slept in the car. We were too tired to go to other place. When we got into the room, it was disgusting. We did not take shower and wore long sleeve and long pants to sleep. The sheets were suspicious and room was very dirty. In the morning, their breakfast was horrible. They added tons of ice into the milk so it tasted like water. The staff we saw never smiled once. He was as grumpy as we owned him a million dollars.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank crysyc
dc
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stopped here traveling home to MD from FL. It was late, everyone was tired, so we figured "how bad can it be for one night?" I knew as soon as I walked in that it was the pits. If not for a big storm with thunder and lightning outside, I would have collected my children and gotten out of there immediately, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't. My husband didn't want to be bothered with finding a new motel. I don't even know where to begin with describing how disgusting it was. The whole room smelled like mold, the bathroom was disgusting, beds were hard and gross, and the floor was DAMP! I wouldn't even walk on it with bare feet. I wouldn't even bathe my kids in that tub. I got not sleep because I was so horrified and wishing we had just gotten our money back and left. We ended up leaving at 3 am and carrying our sleeping kids out to the car because we couldn't stay one second longer. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank staceva
Richmond, VA
Reviewed June 28, 2010

On our way to Florida from Virginia. Normally do a straight through drive, but left too late in the day to manage that. We were following other family members and started to realize that we wanted to stop by the time we got to Florence, SC. So I started searching my Droid for places to call ahead. Manning was the only place I could find that had decent offerings up ahead. Called every hotel in Manning and all were booked. My mother, in the car ahead of us said she got us two rooms in Manning. I was sure I called all of them! When we pulled into this Super 8 it wasn't as horrifying from the oustide as it ended up being in. When we got into our rooms I frantically began searching for reviews and started to read the 9 posted here. That's when I remembered why I didn't call this place! I tried without luck to convince everyone to get up and leave, but as it was 1:00am, we were out of luck. The smell in my husband's and my room was overwhelming. It smelled like someone dumped an entire bottle of bleach. We had our 5 year old with us and I am 5 months pregnant, I was sure that these fumes were not good for either of us. I made her wrap up in a blanket that she had brought because I didn't want her touching the sheets. After 3:00am I fell asleep. The next morning we got up as quickly as we could and my parents were laughing hysterically at the state of their room. The single pane window with simple latch that faced the dodgy parking lot that was right up against I-95 was broken and off it's frame, leaving about 1 inch opening at the top. The room was really hot because they couldn't turn the air on since the curtains were ROTTED through, it looked like a fire. They were afraid of what might be blowing on them. The floors were rotting, the toilet felt like it was going to fall over and the towels were super thin hand towels that I think youd turn into rags if you had these in your closet. In short, this is a horribly disgusting hotel, no way it's even worth the $50 that we paid. My cheap mother insisted on not paying more than $50 for a stop over, she has since learned her lesson and realizes it's not 1985 anymore! Sleep in your car if the rest are booked up, or if you even think you'll stop in Manning, book in advance, don't take the chance! There is a reason that this hotel was the only one with vacancies!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ekane
Vermont
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Got this motel with priceline. Never got a bad place with priceline. Now I have. Window sills were rotted, Floor felt like you were going to fall through. Only a couple of lights in corridor worked. corridor smelt like mold room smell was covered up by some sort of perfume. Went into the room turned around and walked out handed the woman at the desk the key she didn't seem bothered by it as if it was aneveryday occurance. ate the money I gave to priceline and got another room somewhere else. Can't believe state of s. carolina hasn't shut this place down yet. Don't they have inspections? Not suitable for habitation very disappointed with priceline for using this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank joneselectric70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manning
Quality Inn Manning
Best Western Plus Santee Inn
Hampton Inn Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
#1 of 13 in Santee

Been to Super 8 Manning? Share your experiences!