“I've passed by this place many times heading to other restaurants. Big Mistake!”
Review of Horry's Restaurant

Horry's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Longs
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Ok, so everything is fried. But it is the most perfectly fried, golden brown flavorful food ever. We should really go there more often. Old but clean. Friendly helpful wait staff. This is just a few miles from North Myrtle Beach, guys. You MUST make this drive. You will not be disappointed.

And to my fellow reviewer: why is this restaurant not for kids? Its as close to Momma's kitchen as you can get without momma actually being in there with an apron on humming some old tunes. Just wondering.

I got a crabcake tonight...outstanding! It was made with lump crabmeat, very little fillers, tons of flavor. And I got the coconut cake. Light texture, delicious but not too sweet. Whipped icing. And if you go and they've got the Blueberry Coconut Cake...I hear it is a must try. My mother-in-law who used to bake for a living says this cake is divine. They didnt have any tonight but I will be stopping back to have it.

If you are looking for a great place away from the crowds of the tourist towns, drive down Highway 9 and find this place. You can thank me later.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

I grew up in the Loris area but this was my first visit to Horry's. What a BIG mistake for not coming sooner. Their food is the best!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Not a restaurant for children.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 4, 2007

This place has been in operation since 1957. My mom, a retired school teacher who grew up in Darlington, SC remembers coming here when she was young. When was the last time you ate at a restaurant that had been open for 50+ years?

If you are looking for good, southern fried seafood, it doesn't get much better than this. Calabash is deservedly crowded, but this out-of-the way spot will please just as well.

M-Thur 4-9pm