“Wonderful Time”

Wildwater Rafting - Chattooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the grounds of the Long Creek Academy, Wildwater offers Whitewater Rafting on the National Wild and Scenic Chattooga River. Half day, Full day and Overnight trips are available March through October. In addition to rafting there are a number of lodging options on site, a three hour Canopy Tour, Kayak Clinics, SUP and Lake Kayaking. The Chattooga River is a natural flow river and has better rapids when the water levels are higher, typically in the spring and early summer.
Atlanta, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Wonderful Time”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked the class III/IV trip for me and my husband. This was the first time I had been rafting. The guides were AWESOME. My guide, Brittany, was very patient and did a wonderful job. Fortunately no one on our raft fell out. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to try rafting.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank lenkag24

Austin, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Rafting on Chattooga River in SC”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wildwater Rafting provide a great experience, while being reasonably priced. We stayed at the Yurt's on site, which was super cheap and the facilities seemed to be brand new. The guides were very knowledgeable and everything was nicely organized. I would definitely go on another trip with Wildwater.

1 Thank MikePuglisi
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“1st time on a zip line!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My sister, her boys and I did the zip line at wild water adventures in Long creek. One word, AWESOME!!!!!! Our guides, Hayden and Bo, were the best! They were knowledgeable about what they were doing and put even me, nervous nelly, at ease! They made the whole adveture just that much more fun. My family and I hadd a great time and would go back again in a minute!!!

Plainville, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mini trip on the Chatooga in a thunderstorm!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was my first time white water rafting (I'm 60ish) and it was magnificent! Because of all the rain they've had over the last couple of weeks, we were able to put in much further up the river which had even better rapids and the scenery and the waterfalls!! The trip started out with nice blue sky and fluffy white clouds. About 10 minutes into the trip the sky behind us turned dark and gray and thunder could be heard in the distance. We tried to stay ahead of the storm but unfortunately, we had just pulled the rafts up on the beach for our "snack and swim" time and the skies opened up! The guides told us the safest place to be was not on shore, but on the river, so we all jumped back in the rafts and started paddling like crazy! The lightning was phenomenal and the thunder was heart stopping. It rained so hard that it hurt (at first we thought it was hail). The guides were wonderful, the rapids were even better with all the rain and we all made it back safely though thoroughly soaked. My only complaint is that we don't have any photos to show for it. The set up for viewing your photos after your trip is very primitive and due to the storm not many photos were taken (at least of us because we were in the first raft and for some reason the photographer was in the raft BEHIND us. Would have been nice to even have a photo taken on shore of our group in our gear, but alas it was not to be. We will DEFINITELY to back and take another trip on the Chattooga and maybe do the zip line. Quite a few people in our group had already done the zipline and were doing the rafting. Way to go Wildwater!

2 Thank Gregory T
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First time rafting -- WONDERFUL experience on the Chattooga!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My friends and I rafted Section IV of the Chattooga recently with Wildwater Rafting. I am 56 years old, and it was my first rafting experience. Of course, I immediately fell out of the raft on the first rapid! But our guide, Keith Waters, took good care of me and instantly got me back into the raft. At one point we had to climb over steep rocks on the riverbank, which would have been impossible for me had it not been for Keith. This guide is professional, compassionate, safety conscious, and his obvious love for the outdoors is infectious. I had a blast and plan to go back again! Thanks, Keith, and Wildwater team for a wonderful time on the Chattooga!

1 Thank Cissy D