“The perfect evening”

The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Little River
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 17N
Description: The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro. Our award wining restaurant is Chef owned & operated. Chef Eric Masson welcomes you to enjoy his unique Low Country French cuisine. Located in a 1910 historic Victorian house, The Brentwood features five elegant private dining rooms with two bars, five fireplaces and an impressive wine collection. This beautiful property is an ideal setting for all your small and large catering needs and can host casual or upscale wedding ceremony & reception. Open for dinner year round Monday to Saturday at 4:00 pm. Log on to our web site to learn about our happy hour, cooking class, Chef tasting dinner, wine club and special menus for all major holidays. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and I came in on a Friday night. Didn't know what to expect being our first time. Our server Ross was so amazing. He went over the specials and recommended a fantastic wine pairing. Everything we all had(separate dishes) were incredible. The food was a 10, the service was an 11! We will be back for sure. And we will be requesting the same server! It was a perfect evening!!

2  Thank Val G

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Charming old house, and new chef Eric Masson has revitalized the menu. But the lighting is unromantic, and if you're in one of the smaller rooms with a noisy party of diners, like we were, you'll practically be forced to listen to their conversation rather than attend to your own. (Or you can try to talk even louder than they do.) Some dishes were excellent (French onion soup, fondant chocolat); others were only average (tarragon salmon, pork medallions with apples); one ill-conceived (poached pear and blue cheese salad garnished with cucumbers and tomatoes). The service was friendly but slightly awkward. The three course Restaurant Week special for $25 is hard to beat, however. We plan to return, and hope for better luck next time.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family and I enjoyed Christmas dinner at the Brentwood. A busy night at the restaurant had the staff running a little ragged, but the ambiance and setting helped offset that. My meal was very good- almost great. The staff was smart and knew the menu and rather than make recommendations, they illustrated the directions in which each item would go. The She Crab soup was sublime. Not exactly the traditional low country style, but a very enjoyable starter. The prime rib was well prepared and of good quality. A perfect example of bigger not necessarily being better- a good cut of meat will shine on its own merit. The side veges were fine and paled in comparison to the rest of the meal. Not a big deal, but I do think that sides are all too often overlooked culinarily. The Yule Log dessert was a tad heavy on the mousse, but was the best dessert I’ve had in recent memory. I am not a fan of chocolate, but our server said that it was the best dessert choice of the night- and he was right. Was the place crowded? Yes, but as one of the few restaurants open for the holiday it was to be expected. Did the owner/chef come by for a chat? Yes, and it was a nice touch. Do I think I’ll be back? Of course. Very good, locally sourced and independently owned- a trifecta if there ever was. Oh, and the place is haunted.

1  Thank godzuki24
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Neighborhood restaurant and bar that offers fine dining in a quiet, comfortable setting that is elegant and unpretentious. The food is delicious, the music played on weekends is perfect for any occasion, but the more romantic the better.

3  Thank mgentaNYC
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have not been back to Brentwood for at least two years as we were disappointed in the overall experience.
Recently, us and another couple had a nice meal but the little things continue to disappoint.
My wife ordered two vegetables but received one and rice. My Osso Boco came without the bone and the other diner's meat was not cooked as she requested. Three out of 4. Our diniing room was empty so there was no rush in the kitchen.
When you are spending $27 and up for an entrée, without wine or appetizer, you should receive what you ordered.
We expressed our concerns with chef/owner Eric and he seemed concerned. But, it will be awhile before we return, maybe for Happy Hour upstairs.

Eric M, Owner at The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

I do remember you and your friends, and I can assure you that we take this type of feedback very seriously. While mistakes can happen, we're not in the habit of making them twice. I do hope that we're able to have another chance to impress you guys, whether it's for a happy hour, or a pleasant dinner.

Thank you for keeping us on our toes, though. It feels good to know that we have people in the community that will help support and encourage local businesses. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other thoughts!

Sante',