“Expected Excellence, Got it”

The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Little River
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 17N
Description: The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro. Our award wining restaurant is Chef owned & operated. Chef Eric Masson welcomes you to enjoy his unique Low Country French cuisine. Located in a 1910 historic Victorian house, The Brentwood features five elegant private dining rooms with two bars, five fireplaces and an impressive wine collection. This beautiful property is an ideal setting for all your small and large catering needs and can host casual or upscale wedding ceremony & reception. Open for dinner year round Monday to Saturday at 4:00 pm. Log on to our web site to learn about our happy hour, cooking class, Chef tasting dinner, wine club and special menus for all major holidays. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I knew the chef from his time in up-state New York and so expected quality. That is exactly what I got. My wife and I and another couple dined at Eric's restaurant in April. We expected a good meal and that is what he produced. From competent appetizers of salmon, escargot, and coquille Saint Jacques to excellent desserts we had an excellent french meal. The wine list was extensive and fair in price. Please do not come here if you want cheeseburgers or if you want jug wine. You will not be happy. This is a quality restaurant serving quality food. Despite some complaints I read, the servers are totally competent and the only problem you will find is if the restaurant is slammed and they are still trying to give each and every person the best they can. If you want a gourmet meal with excellent food in a historic environment at reasonable prices and with quality service then this is your place.

Eric M, Owner at The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for the great recommendation, Monsieur Wolf! Compliments like these really make our day, and it's our pleasure to know that you had an excellent time. Exemplary service is what we strive for, and it's great to hear that we're exceeding our standards. We certainly hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have only had the privilege to visit twice, but both visits have left a lasting impression. Our first visit was two years ago for our 2nd anniversary. I got the scallops, my fiance got the duck. While the scallops were buttery and cooked perfectly, I was overly envious of the duck entree. And we didn't stop raving about it for the last two years!

So naturally, when we came for a myrtle beach day trip we couldn't leave town without eating an early dinner here. We were also celebrating the purchase of our first home! -As if we needed an excuse...

We started off at the bar for happy hour. It's a very quaint area in the back of the house and we really enjoyed the bartender (Sheri or Sharon, sorry I can't remember but I know i'm close!). We wanted something different and she certainly provided that! She mixed us up some exclusive martinis of her own design to go with our appetizers. Both the fried green tomatoes and the crab cake were bursting with flavor. If nobody was around we would have licked the plates. They were that good.

We moved to a table near the front to enjoy the rest of our dining experience. And it really is an "experience". Our waiter was very attentive and put us at ease with a few casual jokes. I, naturally, ordered the duck that I had been craving for two years. My fiance ordered the petit cut oscar. After our first bite we just stared at each other with the most euphoric smile on our faces. Words are wasted when attempting to describe the flavor combinations of both these meals. We've really never experienced food this fantastic anywhere else. Both the duck and the beef just melted in our mouths.

Really everything was perfect. From other reviews, I can't possibly imagine they ever have an "off" day. Just after two visits I am confident our next visit will be just as wonderful. Hopefully I won't have to wait two years!

From your anniversary to finding the perfect home, thanks for thinking of us for your celebrations! We're glad that our duck lived up to your two-year-long craving. Special occasion or otherwise, we hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back sooner rather than later. We'll save a seat for you!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service was impeccable, the food excellent, & we especially enjoyed the mushroom soup as a treat from the chef!

Thank you for the kind words! It's great to hear that our Mushroom Soup proved to be an enjoyable treat. We'd love to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

On the advise of our daughter my husband and I went To The Brentwood Saturday night for happy hour. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere simply lovely. I loved the decor and the music. The house Chardonnay is excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant and I know we will be going back very soon

Eric M, Owner at The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Send our gratitude along to your daughter, Cratsley! We're glad that she recommended us to you and your husband, and we're even happier that you had a great time. We look forward to inviting you back soon for another happy hour. Or dinner, perhaps? Thank you for the lovely review!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We returned to the Brentwood again this year. It was every bit as great as last year!

This was a wonderful dining experience. The intimate ambiance and incredibly attentive and knowledgeable staff were so unusual in a tourist town. The tableside visits and gift of an appetizer by the owner and chef were lovey.

The food was suburb with generous portions. We had she-crab soup and lobster risotto as appetizers. For the entree we had rack of lamb and a special ribeye dish. The ribeye was an amazing and unexpected preparation that was exquisite. The rack of lamb was done to perfection, medium rare. The dessert choices made it so difficult to decide. We chose a fabulous creme broulee with an added Grand Marnier flamed topping, and a chocolate fondant with an incredibly intense raspberry sauce.

We will absolutely return!

Eric M, Owner at The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Welcome back! We appreciate you taking the time to get in touch after both of your visits. Of course, we're thrilled to hear that your most recent visit was just as enjoyable as your first. It can be pretty tough to decide between our tempting desserts, but it sounds like you did a great job. It would be wonderful to invite you back, so we look forward next time!