“excellent overall menu”
Review of The Parson's Table

The Parson's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
The Parson's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Little River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 17
Description: Not only can you get a juicy roast prime rib at The Parson"s Table, but you can eat it inside a church, too. The location remains very much the same structure that it was in 1885, when Little River Methodist Church was built. The cherished establishment first opened its church doors as a restaurant in the late 1970's and has been serving exquisite American steakhouse fare ever since. The restaurant's decor is positively Southern-charm antique, complete with dark wooden walls, stained glass windows and an original Tiffany glass lamp in the main dining room. An award winning wine list graces The Parson's Table as well as an outstanding fresh seafood selection.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

seafood, steaks, prime rib, lobster tails just great fresh foods an a wine spectator wine list. The service was good and although very lots of people and tables there was plenty of room to relax. This is a top 3 restaurant in this area with tons of them. Make reservations and enjoy, we did.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've been a patron of the Parson's Table for more than 20 years. I decided to take my daughter and her 3 friends there for their last dinner of Spring Break vacation before returning home.

The cracker/salad plates sat on the table for a long time till a member of the bus staff removed them - water glasses stayed empty, too. I ordered a $29 ribeye (cooked medium) - all entrees came with a choice of potato and vegetable. I received a large, overcooked piece of meat that I couldn't cut, 3 small fingerling potatoes and canned peas. ALL the entrees had CANNED PEAS as their vegetable! At the Parson's Table??

I also was overcharged for a dessert (menu said $5, was charged $6.50 b/c they added one scoop of ice cream I didn't ask for). When the waitress asked if I needed change I told her "yes" b/c I was leaving a tip for the entire table. When she never brought my change back, I left the tip on the table and found the manager who referred me back to the waitress! She walked up to the front to ask me what the problem was - I told her. She reached in her apron, handed me the change and said, "Just keep it - I don't NEED it" and walked away.

So saddened and disappointed. This used to be an A+ dining experience, every single time. I'll keep my "change" (b/c I DO need it) and they can keep their canned peas.

2  Thank NCLegalEagle2014
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a great dinner here - the food, the service, the atmosphere .... they start you off with a little something, the night we were there it was a generous portion of a house made cheese spread and crackers. We each started with a "glass" of champagne which was a single serving bottle each - perfect! The entrees come with salad - a great salad in fact. I had the special pork chop which was served with veg and potato. My hubby had the salmon which surprised me because it's on our regular menu at home - but it was prepared differently and excellent. I had the key lime pie which was really good, while DH had the banana and pineapple praline which he deemed excellent (too sweet for me). With an additional 2 glasses of wine the dinner was just over $100. What a deal when the quality of the meal is factored in.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Everyone was very nice and the food was really good. However, they must have been down a server or two because it took 15 minutes for the waitress to greet us after we were seated for our drink order. She thanked us for our patience and that became the theme of the evening. Everything was remarkably delayed. The dishes were prepared nicely. I had the tuna which was perfectly seared. The cheese spread they serve before the meal was delicious. In fact, because our dinners took so long, we weren't even hungry because we filled up on the delicious cheese and the cornbread. We did get there early for cocktail and the bartender was friendly, quick and helpful.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Unique historic venue, beautiful stained glass, superb food well served. They had an entire page of gluten free menu items and you could also order "petit" and regular sizes at very reasonable prices (like happy hour and coupons). We had Tuna that was perfectly prepared, house Smoked salmon was to die for, and real southern corn bred. We split one order of shrimp and grits and they split it in the kitchen and served it as well as the two sides on separate serving dishes for each of us. All in all a wonderful evening.