“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Parson's Table

The Parson's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
The Parson's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Little River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 17
Description: Not only can you get a juicy roast prime rib at The Parson"s Table, but you can eat it inside a church, too. The location remains very much the same structure that it was in 1885, when Little River Methodist Church was built. The cherished establishment first opened its church doors as a restaurant in the late 1970's and has been serving exquisite American steakhouse fare ever since. The restaurant's decor is positively Southern-charm antique, complete with dark wooden walls, stained glass windows and an original Tiffany glass lamp in the main dining room. An award winning wine list graces The Parson's Table as well as an outstanding fresh seafood selection.
Hilton Head, SC
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

After eating the night before at a Parson's Table competitor that was truly excellent I wondered how The Parson's Table would stack up. It did just fine. My wife and I and our companion who had dined with us the night before agreed that The Parson's Table was superb. Everything we had from opening cocktails (They actually knew how to make real cocktails like an "Old Fashion".) to the desserts was quality and done right. The atmosphere of an old church that has been repurposed was both very interesting as well as quite beautiful. The menu was extensive and varied and the wine list the same. Little River is lucky to have the Parson's Table and we will make sure that if we are passing anywhere near and it can work that we will eat there.

• Visited April 2013

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent food, great service. We dine here every time we get Myrtle Beach. Fried green tomato appetizer is a favorite!

• Visited August 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

As I have spent over 30 years in restaurant management, I believe I have the background to provide a restaurant review. I usually find myself 'mentally working' when we are dining out. I am delighted to say that I found no need to 'work' at all while dining at The Parson's Table. It is an extremely well run restaurant with EXCELLENT food. The unique building/atmosphere adds to the enjoyment of the evening! We live 6 hours away and we are trying to justify driving back down for a birthday dinner! Enjoy!! Be sure to read Kathy U and Joe H's reviews.

• Visited July 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Another Year, Another Great Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visit North Myrtle Beach each year and dinner at The Parson's Table is a must for each visit. As you likely gathered from the other reviews, the Parson's Table is set in a converted church. I won't repeat everyone else except to say that the atmosphere is unique and offers much to look at for antique buffs. The Parson's table is also a nice break from the Myrtle Beach tourist scene. The restaurant is owned by one of the nations top chefs and the food and way the meal comes out reelects that. Parson's table is not for those who want to eat and dash. The meal is at a leisurely pace allowing patrons to enjoy the ambiance and the company. The restaurant is broken up into a series of small dining rooms. Therefore, conversation can be easily heard between tables. So it is not private. None the less, the noise level is just moderate, and was not annoying. For starters, the waiter placed a dish of crab dip and crackers on the table. My girlfriend and I shared an appetizer cold plate which included Oysters, large Shrimp and house Smoked Salmon. As an entree, my girlfriend had the Filet Mignon stuffed with Oysters and I had a grilled Swordfish steak served with blue cheese. The swordfish was so tender that it cut easily with a fork. Each dish came with green beans and my girlfriend had rice as a part of the entree. The entrees also included salad with a delicious vinaigrette house dressing served family style. For dessert my girlfriend had a sundae made with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, topped with whipped cream that was drizzled with chocolate shavings. Everything we ate was excellent. Our Server, Rich, did a excellent job. He was very knowledgeable not only of the menu, but also the preparation. His familiarity with the ingredients in each dish was helpful in allowing me to choose items best for my low carbohydrate diet. Rich was very professional and friendly and made me feel like he appreciated our business. The meal as described without beverage and before gratuity totaled $78.46. Quite reasonable. We will be back on our next visit to North Myrtle Beach.

• Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“we keep coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

this is a great little restaurant that is consistent in it's service and meal preparation every time we come here. They have a pretty large selection to choose from.....pecan chicken is a favorite. any of the seafood has always tasted fresh. never had bad service. dessert is also made there and the creme brulee is very very good.

Visited August 2013