“A Pleasant Surprise”

Cuisines: Diner
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We always close out our vacation at Sunset Beach by going to Callahans Gift Shop and then hitting Whiteville for lunch. This year was different since one daughter was going home to Raleigh and not driving with us so we ventured into Little River for lunch. We knew we would have to settle on a fast food place which was not what we really wanted.

When we saw the signs that read soups, salads, burgers and pancakes we knew Matthew's Pancakes was the place for us! We were met with friendly and quick service. We got breakfast and lunch menu items.. The eggs and pancakes were some of the best we've ever had. My husband really enjoyed his large, side salad and chicken sandwich. Our glasses were kept full. We had no complaints.

The menu is quite large as well. There were many selections which were tantalizing.

We heard this place was under new management and I just wanted to help get the word out. This would be a great place for the locals or for the folks passing through.

We give it 5 stars!

• Visited July 2013

Blairstown, New Jersey
“Thank god.. we found food !”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wow, a long stretch of driving.. we were ready to devour each other ! And then we saw the sign for Matthews ( my brothers' name). We were hoping it was good and were were Not disappointed. Great eggs pancakes and delicious coffee.> Thank you !

Visited May 2013
New York
“Great place!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I were out for a drive and decided to stop somewhere for breakfast. I had driven past Matthew's a few times but never stopped in because I was usually in a hurry and never gave it another thought. I am so glad we decided to stop - this place is great! Even with the Blue Crab festival in full swing and bike week going on - we were still seated in record time and the service was great. My husband had french toast with eggs and bacon and said it was one of the best plates of french toast he had ever eaten. I had the "skillet" breakfast which comes with home fries, eggs, toast and whatever you want in your skillet. I opted for peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese. All I can say is wow! That skillet had three eggs in it, loads of mushrooms, peppers, onions and cheese. I had so much that I took home leftovers. We both had coffee and they leave a carafe on the table! The staff was very nice, the prices are reasonable and we definitely will be returning.

• Visited May 2013
“Perfect pancakes!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the place to go for great pancakes! Just a little place on Rt. 17, but it is as neat as a pin, and the breakfast was delicious! Two of us ate for less than $15.00, so the price was right! And they serve breakfast until noon which is wonderful for vacationers like us who prefer to sleep later in the morning. We would have gone back again, but ran out of vacation days!

Visited May 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Lived here for 5 years and just went last week. It is a great place, good food, nice atmosphere. I would recommend. It's bigger than it looks.

• Visited April 2013