“Extremely pleased”

Capt. Juel's Hurricane
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Little River
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the mid 1900's a new chapter of history was made in a small town in Little River S.C. At that time a restaurant was opened in the very banks of the Intercoastal Waterway, called Capt. Juel's Hurricane. In the mid 70's the restaurant was brought by Joe Robertson, who still owns it today. You will still find Mr. Joe in and around the kitchen and his wife Deanna behind the bar mixing up killer drinks or in the kitchen preparing the luscious desserts. The restaurant is managed by their daughter Heidi and her husband Clayton, it truly is a family affair.In 2014 the place under went a total renovation inside and out. The restaurant now features a new Sushi Bar, that's a must have over looking the untouched marshlands. Capt. Juel's stills brings you the freshest seafood, hand cut steaks and chops. The menu is filled with a variety of choices from tacos to burgers. Or maybe just stop by the have a drink on the deck and enjoy seeing the fishing boats bring in the catch of the day.
lakewood
“Extremely pleased”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Ate lunch here. I was extremely pleases with the food, employees and the view. I had the mahi mahi sandwich. It was wonderful. It was a suggestion from the waitress. My mother had the oysters and said they were great. I will be adding this to my list.

Visited July 2013

Charleston, West Virginia
“Pretty View”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The restaurant is located waterfront in Little River, SC which is so cute. The dining room is very outdated and run down but they have a semi-nice deck out back overlooking the water. A little rough but charming. The hush-puppies are so yummy. The fish bite appetizer was not cooked thru. yuck! The fried pickles were really good. I had the Maui fried dinner and it was cooked perfect and was delicious. My husband does not eat seafood and he had a hamburger. He said it was ok not great. My daughter had the Cesar salad and she loved the dressing. Beer was cold. Great service. Tanner was fabulous! Over all it was a decent meal but with all the other great restaurants in the grand strand area, I think I will skip this one. I bet this was a really great restaurant back in the day. I definitely want to try some more restaurants on the historical little river waterfront.

Muncy, Pennsylvania
“Worst food I have ever eaten”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went here on the reccomendation of a local person. I had asked where a good place for seafood was. I should have known when I walked in and saw a tacky childrens play area with toys that we were in for trouble. The whole restaurant was old and run down looking. We gave the place a chance and were very disappointed. Lunch for 6 was 130 dollars, and the food was horrible. The fish and chips were soggy and tasted like mush. Calamari came with no dipping sauce and tasted like it was out of the freezer. My husband had fish and grits with fried green tomatoes which was salty and greasy. It was truly the worst food I have ever eaten. The only thing that was kind of ok was the view. Don't waste your time or money!

2 Thank Connie C
New York City, New York
“lunch on he waterfront”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

While waiting for the seescreamer, we had lunch at Captain Juel's. The food is fresh and local. A nice assortment of fish, which all comes from local fishermen. The service is great and people very nice. A nice cool inside and pleasant outside. You can smell the ocean water. A wind blowing through your hair, sitting on the terras having a drink in your hand. You feel a sailor?

1 Thank gompy_usa
Hampton, VA
“Great back deck & view”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family ate lunch here after fishing. We sat out in the sun on the back deck watching boats go by on the river. It was a great atmosphere. The mahi sandwich was AWESOME! The peel & eat shrimp wasn't very good but it was cold and we are used to it served hot in Virginia, so that might just be something we aren't used to. The hushpuppies were sweet and could have been dessert - I couldn't get enough! We had a wonderful time sitting on deck sharing our fishing stories from the day and the waiter was fantastic. I highly recommend this for a casual lunch with a great view.