“Awesome Crab Cakes!”

Key West Crazy Waterfront Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #18 of 71 Restaurants in Little River
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Waterfront, Seafood Restaurant. Voted the best seafood on the waterfront. Fun, Casual, laid-back atmosphere that is kid-friendly. The food is 5-star but is reasonably-priced. Live music Friday, Saturday, and Tuesday nights. Sunday Breakfast/Brunch with a "Build-your-own Bloody Mary Bar". Once you've visited the restaurant... you'll always come back!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Awesome Crab Cakes!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went to this resturant New Year Eve for lunch and I had to best crab cakes I've ever eaten. The atmosphere is fun and it's on the waterfront. We almost went back that night to bring in the New Year but were too tired. Others in my group of 8 also enjoyed their food tremedously! Great service and great food!

• Visited January 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I had lunch here during the Shrimp festival. Like other reviewers, the server did not have a clue about waiting on tables. We sat there for 10 minutes when she approached us to say that she was busy and would be back in a few minutes. The view is beautiful and we understood. When she finally came back to take our drink order, we ordered cold beers and she asked us if we wanted cold mugs - we said yes. When she returned with the beers- she brought styrofoam cups and stated that we couldn't have glass outside on the patio - seemed strange as the beers were in glass bottles. She took our order - fried clams and peel and eat shrimp - my husband asked for the shrimp to be cold and she told him it was impossible. He then asked her to put them on ice. She said ok and returned a minute later to suggest a shrimp cocktail vs. peel and eat shrimp. She brought another table's food order to our table and when we told her it wasn't our food - she insisted it was - although we told her we didn't order coconut shrimp. When she finally realized it was another table's order, she told us that she had been at work since 7 am and she was tired and needed a break. (It was 3 pm). Our food arrived and the fried clams were a dark brown and tasted like old oil had been used to cook it - they were hot clams on a bed of ice cold lettuce. Terrible combination and presentation. The cocktail sauce + tartar sauce on the table were not good - cocktail sauce very watery and when my husband pointed this out - the waitress said that they'd been out on the table all day and she would bring fresh sauces. She did but they were the same exact way. All in all, this place has potential with the location but go for a cold beer and don't order any food. The food was terrible and the energy it took to make the food edible was not worth it.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Robin M
“I Am Crazy for Key West Crazy!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I visited this restaurant on a Tuesday night with my parents who were visiting from the midwest. Musician, Darryl Fox, sang a variety of tunes while we dined on some of the best food we have ever eaten -- and it was very reasonably priced! Key West Crazy has a great variety of items on their menu from seafood to american
or mexican fare, and even a brunch menu on Saturday and Sundays that features a Make Your Own Bloody Mary Bar.
I had a perfectly grilled chicken quesadilla loaded with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, salsa and complimented with a side of guacamole sauce. My taste buds had a fiesta. My Mom gorged herself on corn nuggets ( a side) which she described as tasting like a hush puppy with a little sweet corn mixed in....yummy!
Mom chowed down on her crab cakes like they had just announced a recall... She reported they were cooked to perfection! I stole a couple of her fries and they were delicious.
While Dad wasn't very hungry, he did manage to put away a fried pork sandwich like we used to eat as kids. He also sampled the Vodka Tonic that the bartender, Chris made. In fact, Chris did such a good job on the vodka tonics that Dad had several.
The restaurant was clean, the waitress (Kaylee..I think) was professional yet very pleasant, and the cook did an outstanding job on our food. Kudos to the owner of Key West Crazy.... We will definitely be back!!!

Roswell, New Mexico, United States
“Get the blue crab sandwich!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I loved this place. We ate there during the Blue Crab Festival and they were slammed. Despite that, we had great service, received our food quickly, and it tasted great! The atmosphere was fun, and because they were slammed it was "make new friends style seating". So we met some nice folks as we shared a table. Sat on the patio overlooking the waterfront and watched boats go by. The margaritas were a little weak, but I remember they were inexpensive, so not a big deal.

• Visited May 2012
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
“Nice place but servers are in need of training”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This place has a lot of potential. Great waterway location with nice covered outdoor dining area. We have always enjoyed our food. Some meals more than others but still always good. The food servers have been fair to poor at best. They seem to have a difficult time answering questions about menu items. This last time the waitress virtually ignored our table after the meal was served. Never came back to see if things were alright or if we needed another drink until our plates were nearly empty. If the place was busy I could understand some oversight but this was not the case. We would have had two more drinks and that would have put more money in the register. Doesn’t management and staff understand this? I will say most of the other staff like the hostess, cook, and the bar tender are very friendly and seem on the top of their game.

• Visited June 2012