“Hidden treasure”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serves outstanding low country American food and is on the ICW
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was looking for a restaurant with a view of the water in Little River. After a couple of dead ends we stumbled on Snooky's and decided to try it. The view is great -- a marina, the Intercoastal Waterway, and swamp -- but it wouldn't be worth much if the food was lousy. Fortunately, it's not. Our waitress was fast and friendly. We started with a couple of appetizers; the she crab soup is very good, the cheesy crab bread was light on the crab and not exceptional. We ordered grouper and both enjoyed our selections. Portions were reasonable but not overly generous. For dessert we shared their key lime pie, and it was the best I had ever had. It's a small place on the second floor with awkward parking, and during peak hours you'll probably have to wait -- but it's worth it.

1  Thank Mister_Boffo

Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you are and the little river area it is a good place to eat. The view of the marina is awesome and the service was pretty good. My beer was hot and my food was cold so those are my only complaints . other than that everything was nice.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

7 for dinner after a round of golf. All seemed to be pleased with food & service overall.
Our server Brenda was very friendly & attentive. I had an oysters with crabmeat app that was excellent. My wife and I split a spinach salad-delicious. Had a shrimp & cheesy grits entree with andouille sausage that was good but could have had a bit more andouille. We were there on a Tuesday night so it was not real crowded.
Both the inside and outside seating had very nice views of the Intracoastal Waterway.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I've been coming to Calabash for 10 years- really love it here. Having "discovered" Snooky's, I am reluctant to share this find. However, selfishness aside, go enjoy a very pleasant and lovely dining experience. In the past years, I found selections inconsistent. Now I simply ask the wait staff for recommendations. This works! Delicious pesto chicken pasta, oscar grouper and fire cracker chicken wrap. Also, terrific spinach salad(obviously these items are among several people!)
Sunday before Memorial Day was "packed"!! Since we had no reservation, we were turned away:(( o well. I hold no hard feelings. I will be back as I manage to get to Calabash at least once a year.

1  Thank BeeGr8
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I went to Snooky's last weekend with a group of four. The person that suggested it had been before and raved about the food. We had reservations, arrived on time and were promptly seated and greeted by our server. We placed our order for drinks and they arrived quickly. The great service ended there. We ordered an appetizer and our dinner. We waited.... and waited... and waited.... watched every table around being served.... then waited some more. Finally, after an hour with no appetizer, I inquired. The waitress reacted to me like I was either crazy or stupid for asking where our appetizer was, let alone the food. Rather than tell the truth, she made up an obvious lie- blaming the kitchen and how busy (not) they were. Within 10 minutes, here came the appetizer ( subpar) and the dinner entrees 3 minutes later. Given the fact we were not told the truth, we were left to guess. The food obviously had been sitting prepared in the kitchen and reheated. I ordered the pecan grouper that had clearly been dumped back in the fryer to reheat. Not good! Based on all the good reviews, I'm sorry our experience was so bad. I'm left to believe this restaurant caters to locals only and could give a rip about the tourist. Unless you're a regular- don't bother.