“The consummate pro! Best guide ever!”

Shallow Minded Inshore Charters with Capt. Mark Dickson
Thorold, Canada
“The consummate pro! Best guide ever!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Capt. Mark is the reel deal! As a former guide, I did my homework and sought out Capt. Mark for a 1/2 day of Redfish on the Intra Coastal waters of North/South Carolina. The first cast set the tone as the action was constant for the next 3 hours. Mark does all the little things that Awesome guides do. He makes conversation, keeps you laughing, and when you have a great guide, the fish are a bonus and for that I was totally spoiled. We got 17 fish and I missed 3 fish which would have made 20 on the day. Most importantly, Mark made the extra effort to pick me up at my hotel, drove to a second ramp when he saw our first choice was chalked full of boats, and drove me by some neat restaurants on the way home that I had inquired about. I had never been out for Redfish and they were definitely on my bucket list. I am so very appreciative of the opportunity to fish with Mark. What I really liked was that even though I offered, he did not fish. He focussed solely on getting me on fish and keeping the reds fired up and eating. I would recommend Mark to anyone wishing to get out for any species that he guides for. Oh...and don't be shy to talk about food or cooking, he's a wicked cook and knows his stuff. Mark is so good, I might just fly out to to fish with him for a weekend this fall for some monster reds! Thanks so much, Mark, I'll always remember that amazing day on the water!

Louisa, Virginia
“Fish with the best captain in myrtle beach captain mark”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My 9 year old son and I were in myrtle beach over the New Years holiday and had the chance to go out with captain mark two days and we had a awesome time both days. Captain mark put us on the fish and he took time to answer my sons questions and showed him a few tricks of the trade to make him a better fisherman. If you have children and want to take them fishing go with the best captain mark Dickson

Visited January 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Absolutely The BEST In The Business”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wifwe and I have been fishing with Capt. Mark for years. Why? Because he is The BEST inshore fishing guide in the Myrtle Beach area; maybe the East coast. Mark grew up here and he knows every nook and granny to fish there is. He is a master a running the shallow waters through the marshes cacthing the tide at the perfect time to hook up with the nice Reds or Flounder. Mark is not a "transplant guide" that just set up shop in the area, he is truly a native guide. So, if you are looking for a good day fishing with a guide that knows the waters like the back of his hand, Capt. Mark Dickson is the person you need contact. Trust me, my wife and I fish with him every year. He is a pleasure to be with. Give him a call or send an email. You'll be glad you did.

Joe & Jan
Greenville - Spartanburg, SC

United States
“One of the BEST DAYS Ever!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I hired Mark to take us Flounder fishing, the boat ride was beautiful and AMAZING, the weather gorgeous, and when we got to where Mark wanted us to start fishing HE DID ALL THE WORK!! He baited the rods, answered all questions and he PUT US ON THE FISH!!! We CAUGHT 14 flounders ~ I caught 12 and my hubby caught 2! One of our favorite memories was when Mark BLEW OUT OF THE SAND BANK as we headed home ~ woooo hoooo what a ride and WHAT A DAY!! Debbie and Ron, Myrtle Beach, SC

Visited May 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tough Conditions”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Cold, rainy and windy but Captain Mark put us on fish. He is a very informative guide. The whole trip he was telling us what we were going to do and why. I had never done such shallow running to get to fish but Mark knew right were they were. The fish we caught were all in the slot and released. I would rate him as one of the top guides I have gone out with.