Shallow Minded Inshore Charters with Capt. Mark Dickson
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The "Golden Rule" in Fishing Charter selection involves booking a Captain with years of experience and thorough knowledge of waters he fishes...I hired a Captain that did, and it was some of the most rewarding fishing I've ever done on East Coast Inland waters.

Shallowminded - Capt.Mark Dickson is second to none when it comes to Myrtle Beach inshore fishing. Mark guided us to some huge tackle busting redfish, not to mention Flounder in the 6 pound range.This personable guide not only has the uncanny ability to put you on the fish, but can turn this brackish water estuary into a virtual classroom of learning experiences.His
years spent plying these waters since boyhood translates into a wealth of "on-the-water"expertise. I highly recommend him to all of my clients that are thinking about visiting Myrtle Beach.

Capt. Brent Nelson

in 27 reviews
"blast"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've fished with several inshore charters in the Myrtle Beach area. Shallow Minded is the best, hands down!!! Do yourself a favor and call Capt. Mark.

1  Thank Lauch M
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My annual vacation at Myrtle Beach would not be complete without a fishing trip with Capt Mark Dickson. Having fished with Capt Mark for better than 10 years, I can assure you that he will work hard to put you on the fish. Over the years I think I may have caught all the inshore species that Myrtle Beach provides, redfish, trout, flounder, black drum, sheephead, bluefish and ladyfish to name a few. Charter a trip with Mark, you won't be disappointed. Good luck and tight lines.

1  Thank rjsnowden
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went out with Mark in January for Redfish, hoping to catch one on a fly. Saturday was cold and windy, and we ended up using conventional tackle. It didn't feel as cold as the thermometer told us it was, as we were catching fish! I caught my first redfish and we had a great day despite the conditions.

On Sunday we went back out with a little more sun and a little less wind. I caught my first redfish on a fly and several more in pretty short order. Mark did all the little things that you almost don't notice because they make your day of fishing so seemless - things like poling the tail end of the boat back and forth so that one person could fly cast off both sides of the boat without the poling platform getting in the way.

Aside from catching fish, Mark was an easy going guy with a great sense of humor, he taught us a lot about tactics and the fishery, and also sent us plenty of pictures we can use to brag to our friends about.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Coldest week in 20 years in the area, and we found ourselves here and fishing. Were hoping for a great day, but not expecting anything! Capt. Mark did well and keeping track of the fish during the cold snap and had us on them when we went. It was a slow day, but we still boated about 20 Speckled Sea Trout. Brought home enough for a great supper. Capt. Mark's equipment is top notch and his attention to detail and instruction were very helpful! My brother and I had a great time and if ever in the Myrtle Beach area again, we will look up Captain Mark.

1  Thank aspeck