Shallow Minded Inshore Charters with Capt. Mark Dickson
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I went with Shallow Minded Inshore Charters June 2nd, and were very pleased! This was our 3rd trip with various guides in the Myrtle Beach area and by far this was our best trip. It was obvious that our guide was putting 110% into making sure our trip was a successful one..Thanks for an outstanding day! We will be back.. Bo

1  Thank Bo-WV
in 27 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 2 reviews

Reviewed April 12, 2012

After reading about Captain Mark I decided to give him a call the day before I wanted to book a solo trip. He said he was booked but he would check with his network of Captains. I was then introduced to Captain Greg and he could take me at the last minute. Captain Greg was incredible!! We were fishing in April which was a time of the year where the fish were going through a lot of change. We actually fished right near Captain Mark and with a little of what Captain Greg called "Redfish Crack" we hooked up in no time. I ended up catching 5 Redfish with 26 inches being the largest. It was my first Redfish as an avid angler on the Chesapeake Bay for my entire life. The four hours weren't enough because I could have stayed all day with Captain Greg and had beers afterwards. I will definitely be calling these Captains on my next visit and strongly recommend you do the same. Lastly, the guy who wrote the negative review must have something wrong with him because these guys are the real deal. WHAT A BLAST.

3  Thank jebowmanjr
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I live in Myrtle Beach and my brothers came to visit in Mid March. We all wanted to go fishing, my wife did some research and recommended Shallow Minded. We couldn't be happier with the choice. Capt. Mark's boat is beautiful, his equipment is state of the art and his knowledge is impressive. It was the perfect day for fishing. Our first stop was a tricky spot, we had to flip our bait under a structure, which was tight for the three of us...but fun, working the structure and the current. I was having a little trouble with my casts and from the back of boat Capt. Mark could see that I was catching the fine braided line in the crook of my finger and corrected my technique - vast improvement. John was able to coax one Redfish from under there but they were just too far back so we moved on. The second spot was money! I do love to catch those Reds, they put up a great fight. We were hitting them one after the other. As often happens the spot got a little crowded and our time was up but we had an excellent time, catching fish was a bonus. A day fishing is better than a day working. Captain Mark is a local boy been fishing here his whole life. He's my fishing guide, bar none, I will go back out with him by myself or with visitors and I do recommend him to anyone who wants to go out and have good time. He knows his stuff, fishing and local lore. Remember Captain Mark doesn't take credit cards but it's money well spent. I can't wait until I can go out Shallow Minded again.

1  Thank BigMikeinMB
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This is the second year we have used Shallow Minded for our fishing outting. Capt Mark Dickson is very experienced and good company. The trip is great for the whole family, lots to see - otters, goats, pelicans etc. Looking forward to going back next year!

1  Thank Travelqueen8882
See more reviews
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I would like to say that anyone with small children who like to fish Captain Mark is your Captain. I have a 7 year old son who loves to fish and ask questions. Captain Mark answered all his questions let him help catch the bait and also put us on the fish. My son and I went out twice in 2011 with Captain Mark and had a great time each trip and made alot of great memories. We will keep going out with the best Captain Mark

2  Thank Patrick S