“Be careful if windy!”

and up
Myrtle Beach's Big M Casino Cruise Ship
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy Las Vegas Style Casino Action on The Big M Casino's 2 Luxury casino yachts departing from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina year round. Now offering a Non-Smoking Ship with Texas Hold'em Poker!
Casco, Wisconsin, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Be careful if windy!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went on a night cruise & there was a sign saying 4 ft waves & rough. My sister & I took 2 Dramamine thinking we would be ok. We ate the buffet while waiting & it was alright but definitely not worth what we paid. It's hard to walk once out in the water if it's wavy. Despite the dramamine I really hated the waves. I found it hard to walk without hanging on & felt nauseous but made it without running to the bathroom, however my sister did not & made several trips there, & in between sat with her head on a table, as did several other people. I found it helped to rest my chin on my arm on the machine I was playing & not look around too much. We were staying in Myrtle Beach & everywhere we went we were so happy with the friendliness of people there, but of everywhere we went (restaurants, stores, gas stations, hotel), the people on the boat were probably the least friendly. They weren't nasty, just not overly friendly...like they were just there to do their job & not talk to you.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Julie W

Richmond, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“I won on slots!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

What a great way to enjoy the water! We enjoyed a sunny February day, temps in the 60's, sea as smooth as glass. The boat is clean and sturdy. It's cheap, 20 bucks, but there are 10$ coupons everywhere. You have to use cash to get onboard. So 10 to get in. If you control your gambling, it's a very nice way to get out on the water for cheap. However, I quickly lost several hundred in the slots.There are 2 ATMs on board. At two minutes to shutting down the machines, I won $225. Be prepared, the machines are not the kind that spit out a receipt, it's tokens and buckets. The line to get your money at the end can get long. They have a good players card program, which is free. You get cash back at the end of your cruise, I got back 5 and my husband got back 10. The more you gamble, the more you would get. The second level casino is smoke free. Remember that. We had a free buffet but we didn't use it, we ate a hotdog up on the third level. The ship was not crowded on this Feb. week day. I took a break from gambling and sat in a chair on a deck in the sun, and I was the only one out there. The captain came out and chatted with me awhile. We saw dolphins. You get free cocktails while gambling but the service is very slow. Plan on 5 hours, one hour to slowly cruise to where the gambling can start, 3 hours gambling, and one hour back.

Visited February 2014
6 Thank sisterwifeone
Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Didn't even board and had an awful experience.”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We made reservations about a week in advance online for the big m. We booked a hotel and drove 3 1/2 hours to myrtle beach and we get to the big m... And they're closed because of In climate weather.. No email or phone call telling us that they weren't going to be open or anything. Thanks big m. Good thing the suncruz was open. Pretty crappy customer service if you ask me.

Visited January 2014
6 Thank Shelbyebrown
connecticut
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“great for something different”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

i am not a big gambler, but i went with dome woman and really enjoy myself. If you are a senior citizen the buffet is free. they have breakfast and luck food on it, it really fills you up. then there is the gambling, like I said I am not a big gambler, but they have slots, blackjack, and other games. They announce there is a big winner, and then they take your picture and put it on a board. I think if you want something different to do, this is it.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank tootsConnecticut
Raleigh, NC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A nice, relaxing escape even for solo travelers”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

It's my only cruise experience, but I needed a solo getaway, and the Big M Casino cruise was just what the doctor ordered, especially since I arrived in time for the buffet breakfast, which was very good. The boat was clean and not cramped, but once we started sailing, nearly all of the slot machines were immediately taken. Drinks were free as long as you were gambling. Moving around the boat was easy, and with activities and events so well organized, it was easy to find something interesting to do for four hours, even if it was just relaxing top deck and enjoying the view. Because everything is so organized, you don't have to worry about a thing. Customer service was great and gambling was fun because whether you win or lose, you accumulate points that can be cashed in! They even have dramamine to prevent motion sickness! Live music was played on the top deck but only toward the end of the trip. I brought a book that I didn't get to read, and just when I was thinking of home, we were on the way back. Overall, a nice little cruise that offers gambling, food and drinks, and great views at a great price.

Visited November 2013