“Had a great time”
Review of Suncruz Casinos - CLOSED

Suncruz Casinos
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Suncruz about a week ago. We have been there before on the bigger boat and decided to come check it out this new one. We were surprised how nice it was. It has a warm feeling. The staff was friendly and looked like they were having a good time also working there. There was not a buffet the night we were on but the menu they provide was really good. A lot of options and good quality food. The seas were not so smooth but there is nothing they could do about it, its mother nature. Just make sure you take motion sickness medicine right before you board and you will be ok. We will definally come back.

3  Thank Strufaldi

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This boat was rundown and shabby on the inside..the outside looked good. I was shocked when we got inside. Not many slot machines at all. They did not offer the buffet on sat night so I wonder if they ever have it. You could order upstairs at the bar if you wanted to eat. The ride was rough and I got seasick. My husband counted 31 other people with their heads down or sitting up against the side of the boat in the floor. This was my first casino boat trip and my last. I would not go again if they let me board for free and gave me 1000.00 to play on the slots. This trip was horrible!

3  Thank wanda330
Reviewed February 12, 2014

It has been several years since I wrote my first review about the Suncruz out of Myrtle Beach. They have since changed boats. It may have been 1-2 yrs with this new boat. This boat is smaller than the first. That first boat I believe, and this was confirmed by one of the dealers, that it was the same boat Jack Abramoff the disgraced former Washington lobbyist once owned. My favorite scene in the movie Casino Jack is when they buy the boat and visit the money room. I think about it every time I am on the boat. The main difference between this boat and the last is the buffet area and poker area are much smaller. The boat is still large enough to accomadate. The buffet was not open when I was on the boat. We had to eat so we ordered a la cart from the bar. I don't play slots on this boat but plenty people do. I play poker, black jack (BJ), and some craps. The BJ has the best rules/odds your going to find anywhere this side of Vegas. I highly recommend this boat for BJ. If you play poker be sure to get in the freeroll on the trip out to sea. It helps pass the time until the casino opens. They also have a free slot tourny on the trip out, which takes approx 1 hr. Free drinks while gambling is always a plus. The service was pretty good. Tip the waitress 1.50 or more per drink and you won't ever have to wait for any additional drinks. The seas can get rough sometimes. The boat won't sail if it is not safe. We drove down to gamble on a Saturday night trip, but the boat was canceled due to high seas. We sailed Sunday afternoon trip instead. if any doubt or lack of experience on boats, it is best to drop some Dramamine. I always do. They still smoke on this boat, just like most casinos, except those in MD,DE, that I know of. If there was a non-smoking table area I missed it.

3  Thank Nationwide58
Reviewed October 28, 2013

You go on this boat to gamble. It is going to be smokey, bumpy and the buffet is not the highlight. There are seedy characters and regular folks who just came to have fun.... like every other casino. Great games and plenty of opportunity to win, but lot's of opportunities to lose... like every other casino. We went on a calm night and the boat still rocks around a bit - certainly enough to make the sea-sick prone to a long evening. Fun way to spend a few hours if you are prepared for the experience. Coupons available at the gas station just before you turn towards the boat.

4  Thank ecoflyfishing
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

First if all I gamble so with that said..let me say this...first of all we tried to call and ask about transportation as advertised got voicemail no one called back. Second when we showed up we paid our "boarding fee" we were ushered on, but no one explained ANYTHING to us. No one said hey you pay for your meal on board, it's cash only btw, no one said hey eat as soon as you board cuz the buffet closes after we depart shore. If you get the least bit motion sick don't do this the boat swayed the entire time. The buffet wasn't really a buffet except that you could eat it more than once if you knew when it closed, but 5 items does not a buffet make (only one meat choice). No one said hey come sit on the open air deck it's about so many minutes before we reach open water and you can begin playing. We wandered around till we figured out what was going on. And loose slots these are NOT!

4  Thank J S