All reviews front desk breakfast room yacht club bedroom suite pancake machine golf trip overlooking the marina would definitely stay here again meeting room short drive clean towels cherry grove beach free breakfast business trip breakfast staff first floor easy access
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I wanted to take my family on vacation, but we did not have a lot of money to spend, so we named our price at Priceline and got two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Little River for $50 a night. We were just hoping for a clean room for two nights, but we got so much more. The hotel has been renovated, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We stayed on the third floor, but unlike some other reviewers here, we had no smokey smell in our room at all. The free breakfast was actually quite good, and there were hot items which were rotated each morning. There were also several beverage choices (3 juices, milk, coffee). The breakfast room was large and comfortable with a view of the harbor. The hotel is close to all of the major attraction in N. Myrtle and to Cherry Grove Beach. There is a 25 minute drive to Broadway at the Beach which is about what you would drive if you stayed in N. Myrtle. There is no indoor pool, but the outdoor pool is adequate. Ice machines are on every other floor.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

i have stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and thought of cancelling the 5th night but the hotel won't allow me. i even talked to the manager. this is a little surprising to me since i have stayed at holiday inns a thousand times before and you can cancel anytime as long as you do it in advance. this is the reason why i began staying at marriot's chain but today i am at holiday inn again since they gave me a good deal and they promised that i can cancel anytime.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank loch711
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised to learn that this hotel just converted to a Holiday Inn Express, a chain with which we have had consistently good experience. The hotel is situated next to a Yacht Club, and it's a lovely view from the complimentary breakfast location. Very convenient to the Ocean Drive area of North Myrtle Beach (not walkable, but it's a short drive and there's plenty of free public parking there).

For the price we paid, we felt that got a really good room. The first room that we were assigned, although clearly labeled as a nonsmoking room, smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. We inquired of a room change at the desk, and were granted one. The second room was just fine for our family.

The complimentary breakfast was okay, but nothing exceptional. I've had better breakfasts at other Holiday Inn Express locations.

Overall, it was a good value, good for family vacation, and convenient to the beach (within short drive). We would stay there again as a family.

Room Tip: Unhappy with room? Request change.
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is quite nice and the location is beautiful, located on the Coquina harbor. The free breakfast was moderate at best. It ended at 9:30, when most people were arriving on a Saturday morning for breakfast. The eggs were powder and tasted like sponges. Everything else was very good.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

I booked this hotel because I had heard Myrtle Beach was so honky tonk and it looked clean relative to the worn out hotels for the same price at the beach. The room was clean--except the carpeting--but I didn't feel as though I was anywhere near a beach area. It wasn't what I wanted for a vacation. Once I got there I realized there are equivalent or better hotels
In North Myrtle on the beach for the same price. I paid $75 + $15--- 5 days before Easter through Priceline--name your price.

• Stayed: April 2011