“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Little River
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Although the hotel is a little dated it's clean and a good value. The jacuzzi bathtub was nice to relax in. The free golf was perfect for my husband and so close! The pool was decent but the hot tub had way too much chlorine! It made my eyes burn to the point where we had to get out. Breakfast was minimal but good and quick.

• Stayed February 2012
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank rache3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rockaway Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Although the reason for my visit was a sad one, my father had passed away, I found this hotel to be a very nice and relaxing. This was my first time staying at a hotel in Myrtle Beach, having always stayed at my father's house across US Hwy 17.

Check-in was a breeze and the room I had with my girlfriend was perfect for us (King-size Bed). The room was at the end of the hall so we were a bit isolated which was perfect for us. The bed was extremely comfortable and they supplied numerous pillows. The cleanliness of the room and hotel was spot on and housekeeping was very quick and efficient. The bathroom was spacious and our room had a bathtub/whirlpool which I took advantage of on my last night there. I was told from my sister that their bathroom was a bit smaller and did not include the whirlpool/bath combo. The had the Standard room (2 Queen Beds). Also included is a microwave oven and refrigerator which allowed me to have my jugs of sweet tea readily available. The only suggestion I would make is that I would have liked to have an electrical outlet on both sides of the bed, just so I could keep my phone plugged in and close to me, as opposed to on the dresser/desk.

The FREE Continental Breakfast each morning was excellent with a nice variety of food to choose from including two Waffle Makers to make fresh waffles. Haven't done that since my days in the Navy, but took advantage of it here.

I did not get a chance to use the indoor pool or the fitness center on the first floor, but had I known there was a pool, I may have brought my bathing suit. The pool itself looked like it would have been relaxing.

Access to most attractions in Myrtle Beach is a hop, skip and a jump away via US 17 or Highway 31 (Express).

Overall, if you are looking for a great value, great location on the outskirts of the main strip of Myrtle Beach and friendly staff, I would highly recommend a stay at the Sleep-Inn at Harbour View.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Joiemagic
Four Oaks, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Check in on a Friday evening and enjoied the stay from the moment we got there to the time we left on Sunday morning. Not knowing the area we asked the Front Desk mamager on her recomendations for a place to eat good seafood. She did just that cause the place was fantastic.

Room Tip: Use AARP discount if member
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We enjoyed our stay! Very clean and comfortable room. We even requested a smoking room and it had no smoke oder at all. Staff was very friendly and check in was busy but very quick!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Janesville WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Clean and comfortable. Did I say clean? Our room was spotless. The entire property is well kept and for a more budget minded hotel, it would be difficult to beat this place.

The beds were comfortable and the air con worked perfectly for the hot August weather we were experiencing outside.

The only thing I would have preferred not to take place was an angry Pizza delivery guy. While I was checking in the delivery guy brought the clerk her dinner. She did not tip him as he would have liked so he left in a huff kicking the door and swearing out loud as he left.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe_from_Wisconsin
Sidney, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is one of the best places to stay in this chain. The manager and desk help are terrific and work with you on any detail small or large. It is clean and well maintained. Don't think twice, just stay there. golf is a bonus for big or small too.

Room Tip: rooms that look out to golf coarse are very nice.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank OhioKathy
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

As a last minute trip my husband and I decided to take 2 of our grandchildren to the beach. We were able to reserve a room at this Sleep Inn which is about 4 minutes from Cherry Grove Beach. I had not stayed at a Sleep Inn before so I wasn't sure what to expect. Well this particular one has given me a very good impression of the chain hotel. When you first walk into the beautifully decorated lobby, featuring a inlay lighthouse in the tile floor, to a spacious breakfast area. The only room availabe was on the 4th floor - it had 2 queen beds with an additional small room off to the side that had a sleeper sofa and tv - awesome. The granddaughters played in the room, watched tv, had a blast. The set up worked very well for us.
This hotel is very clean, loved the in/out pool, while I didn't utilize the chase lounge chairs with cushions I found it very interesting they were provided. The jaccuzzi/whirlpool beside of the in/out pool was very warm and relaxing.
A previous review commented about the noise of the bed, maybe upon closer inspection it would have revealed the protective cover for the mattress :-). The beds were comfortable with able pillows. There was not a bathtub, but rather a very comfortable spaced walk in shower. Housekeeping was very prompt on cleaning our room - we left around 8 and upon return at 11:30 the room had been cleaned - since we were not checking out that day I felt that was very quick service.
The breakfast was fresh and very good - self make waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, assorted pastries, great coffee, grits, oatmeal, and the juices - they were not the traditional juice drink you typically have at most chain hotels, this was fresh real juice!
Everyone at this hotel was very pleasant and helpful from the maintenance staff, housekeeping staff, breakfast area staff and front desk staff - they treated you like a friend not a stranger! We failed to pack a few items and they were readily available at the front desk also. The pool was very clean, ample pool towels available. IF all Sleep Inns are of this quality I may just start staying with this chain verses some of the other chains I have tried to stay with! That is how good of an experience we had!

Room Tip: If you want a little extra space ask for room 408
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank vhash77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little River
Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,356 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#14 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach -...
#13 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
Comfort Inn North Myrtle Beach
Comfort Inn North Myrtle Beach
#19 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#5 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Sleep Inn at Harbour View? Share your experiences!