“Bed bugs!”

Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I returned from my stay at this hotel to find my body covered with bed bug bites, confirmed by my doctor. Two rounds of medication haven't solved this yet. The hotel won't even acknowledge the specific problem, by name: both the manager and the corporate customer service office have sent only form letters. Meanwhile, I am already out four figures trying to ensure none of the critters came home with me. Avoid this place!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KimA27
Gmsc081, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Ajay Champaneri
Quality Inn & Suites - Lexington, SC
803-359-3099

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Lexington

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This review covers a second visit in September and a visit in November.

September… Room 203 Good stay until my last night. Got back to the room around 10 PM, opened the door, and it was like a stampede of roaches running out of the room on the scale of the old “Rawhide” TV show! Really creepy! Small pillows but OK bed.

November… Room 233 Another good stay until my last morning. Usually, I don’t turn on the bathroom light because of the noise from the exhaust fan. That morning, I decided to turn it on. And, very quickly decided to turn it off! For whatever reason, the exhaust fan was venting cigarette smoke into my non-smoking room! However, I was surprised (and impressed) at the quality of the included breakfast on the morning of Thanksgiving Day. Friday’s breakfast was also top-notch. One hint: For the sausage gravy and biscuits, use the bread with the sausage gravy and put spread (the butter is too hard to spread) on the biscuits. The eggs are OK... remind me of reconstituted powdered eggs, though. Salt, pepper, and hot sauce can cure many of these ills. Small pillows again...

Will I stay here again? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

The nightly rate is competitive. The staff here is first rate. The people running the front desk and the breakfast area cannot be beat. However, there are enough glitches with the rooms to make me consider forking out the extra bucks for the Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, or the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Gmsc081, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Ajay Champaneri
Quality Inn & Suites - Lexington, SC
803-359-3099

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This property is a good value for the money. Our Sat. rate was $62.99. The room had granite and tile with a very nice size refrigerator and microwave. The flat screen TV was a nice size. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows which were small but satifactory. The shower was excellent. The only negative was that there was not a TV channel guide. A call to the desk brought one in minutes. My Kindle Fire worked great on a very strong signal. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I liked room 108. I could back the car to within feet of the room making luggage handling easy. Al...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Gmsc081, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The front desk was the cordial I've come to expect from a Choice Hotel. The room was much better than the one I'd had a few weeks earlier at the Sleep Inn down in Aiken. The only thing to watch is Room 226. If they give you that, ask if they have another non-smoking room available! It's sandwiched in a group of smoking rooms! YUK! The Saturday morning breakfast was good enough to keep me away from the Waffle House. The sausage and biscuits & gravy were quite good. And, the breakfast service was overseen by a young lady who remembers what hospitality and service are all about. However, the Sunday morning breakfast sent me to "the Waffle"... reminded me of coach class airline food when U.S. airlines served breakfast! Also, expect your car to be smoky regardless of where you park. Cigarette smoking seems to S.C.'s #3 sport behind Carolina and Clemson sports. People smoke everywhere outside at this place. A nice and cheap bonus would be a designated smoking area!

Room Tip: Avoid Room 226 like the plague, if you're a non-smoker!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert F B

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here on business after checking rates at the Comfort Inn across the street. They wanted over a C-note at AARP rate!
This place is clean, recently updated with new bath fixtures and HD TV. WiFi was fast enough to run Netflix without buffering.
Only drawback is the outside doors. This is an older property, so there's nothing to be done about that.
Check-in was efficient, but the young lady failed to recognize my Elite Diamond status with Choice Hotels. I give them about 80 rooms a year. They need to instruct their people to acknowledge loyal customers.

Anyway, no complaints about the room. Breakfast was typical Choice fare.
Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 8, 2013

If your travels carry you to Lexington, you have two options on Main Street. The Quality Inn is pretty typical of a Quality Inn with exterior rooms. Our room was damp and musty but clean overall. Staff here is friendly and breakfast is the highlight of the stay. If you don't want to spend the extra to stay across the street, this hotel is a fine choice...just don't expect that you're staying at the Ritz.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 6, 2013

On a cold and rainy night... I came here. Never saw a review but I chose it because it was a safe and convenient location. Room was fine, breakfast good (person who over sees the breakfast takes her job and hospitality seriously.) It was really the staff that won me over. Very nice, helpful and accommodating.

Months later I had business in Columbia, SC and wanted to stay somewhere that accommodates our dog. I checked here first. I was happy to come back! This time the room seemed to be nicer, and the staff just as pleasant as before.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ForestBeach

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
#3 of 7 in Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!