“great place to eat!!”

Ranked #20 of 223 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Love the Mediterranean Café!! Azmi does a great job!! We eat here at least once a week.... Food and service is always good!!! I love the salmon!! great service, too!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been in Lexington sinc 1995 and this is my favorite place by far w great variety, service and price. Azmi (sorry if misspelled) and his wife Beth do a terrific job and the food is fantastic. This is a piece of Med food in our own little Lexington. Thank you Azmi for all you do for us.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stopped into Mediterranean Cafe last Friday at lunch time and it was a ghost town save for the 2 ladies working and the cook/owner.
The menu is rather limited so I went with the special which was grilled chicken with grilled veggies.
The grilled chicken was tasty but it was drowning in some olive oil dressing as were the vegetables.
I am not a fan of tomatoes and my grilled veggies were mostly grilled sliced tomatoes and onion...bleh
The young lady who served me was friendly and the owner brought me out my entree and he seemed friendly enough.
I will stop in again sometime as I wish I would have ordered the kofta balls with rice to begin with.

1  Thank CarolinaCoopers
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The restraunt is very close the Comfort Suites. The food is certainly fresh - lots of Greek dishes, lots of fish. It's all just a little bland, to my taste, but it's close and it's quick.

However, you must get the chocolate cake. OMG...

Reviewed August 20, 2013

First off let me tell you that this place is THE BOMB!!!! I had been told that I needed to go here for lunch/dinner, but on a previous business trip I didn't have time (despite it being in the same parking lot as my hotel-----apparently I didn't make time---won't happen again). Anyway, had a chance to go here for a business lunch the other day and I must have made a fool of myself because of how much I ate. We started with the hummus as an appatizer. Very smooth, very creamy! The garlic, sesame tahini, and olive oil were all in the proper proportions. Plus the pits came out soft and steamy. Wow was it good. And the meal hadn't even begun yet. My dining parter said that she was going to get the Kafta (sp?) medalions but couldn't eat them both, so she was going to share one with me (I had a greek salad---delish). Their "medalions" were actually the size of 1/3 burgers. Two of them to the plate. These Kafta medalions were chock full of roughly chopped garlic and other spices (couldn't tell you which ones, but probably "mediterranean". Ha). Anyway, it was by far the best "burger" I have ever had. Hands down. No competition whatsoever. Best. Her plate came with couscous and hummus too. Man it looked good. My greek salad was very good as well, but then again there isn't too much to a salad unless it's a Cobb and you can really screw up a Cobb salad if you don't use fresh ingredients.
Please don't be stupid like I did and wait a couple years before you stop by this place. Wait staff was very nice, and the food was memorable. Please eat here at least once.

Been to Mediterranean Cafe? Share your experiences!