“Hide and Seek”

Ranked #6 of 223 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: PRIVATE PROPERTY SC is a local family owned establishment that creates a grassroots value by capturing the southern lifestyle in a way that is appreciated and authentic. Our goal is to provide a casual, affordable, comfortable and memorable experience for our guests. We use the highest quality ingredients to create a Cajun and Country infused menu that highlights our southern heritage and love of Louisiana cookin.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Private Property is a wonderful restaurant on Main Street in Lexington. The first time we were going to eat there, we couldn't find it-they do not have a sign. Later, we talked to a neighbor and he told us the location. It is inside a beautiful Victorian house. There is plenty of parking to accommodate lots of cars. The restaurant has a small bar and comfortable, cozy seating in several rooms. But the best seating is outside in a lovely courtyard. I highly recommend sitting outside. The first time I visited, I had a hamburger and my husband had jambalaya. My burger was delicious, especially since they served it just the way I asked-with pimento cheese! Yum. My husband loved the authentic jambalaya. According to the owners, all the recipes are from their mother's kitchen in Louisiana. On other trips, I have had had shrimp and grits that were to die for and shrimp sliders, also very tasty. This is one of the best places to eat in Lexington. It is certainly worth looking for!

1  Thank vctrkane

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Found on trip advisor, loved every aspect! Beautiful place, super friendly staff, great prices and food was fabulous! A little hard to find but worth the hunt! Will definitely become a regular place!

1  Thank LHC08
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Sat out in the beautiful and private courtyard on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon. Food was superb and very reasonable. The staff treated us like old friends, I even got a hug before we left! Don't you just love Southern Hospitality! LOVE THIS PLACE!!

2  Thank Tcat22
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went here for first time with my family and was pleasantly surprised. Wanted to try a new place and I think we have been to about every other restaurant in the area, and glad we checked it out as we definitely will be coming back. Restaurant is in an older style house which is quite pleasant inside and had a nice patio. Plenty of tvs which helped let me watch some sports during the meal, but in no way is this a sports bar type setting. Food was good and reasonably priced(average meal about 10-12 bucks) and help was great. Beer selection is decent and beer prices are average (3 bucks for domestic).

Only negative is the place is hard to find as they have no signage that is viewable off of its cross streets. Other then that minor negative, its a great place once you find it!

2  Thank SportsFan2007
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Visited with friends and we were able to sit outside in the beautiful courtyard. The Cajun food is a nice change of pace. I had the slider sampler and found the barbecue to be my favorite. Friendly staff and good food. It has a lot of potential... But needs a sign.

5  Thank Jackie B