“Hidden strip mall restaurant with great menu”
Review of Ganbei

Ganbei
Ranked #10 of 214 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ormond Beach
“Hidden strip mall restaurant with great menu”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had a great meal here. They have everything from sushi to hibachi. The servers are great, the food is delicious and the portions are very large and lend themselves to sharing. We throughly enjoy Ganbei

Visited September 2012

Lexington, South Carolina, United States
“Great hidden treasure!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We recently checked out Ganbei for a date night & loved it! The food is amazing & the service was wonderful too! The atmosphere is perfect...not what you would expect from the outside looking in! My husband tried the sushi & I have the habachi shrimp. Large portions, but it doesn't seem as heavy as other Japanese steakhouses...seems lighter & cleaner. We even took our family who was visiting from out of town there to celebrate a birthday. Again, great food & service. Everyone was extremely pleased with everything! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2013
Gilbert, SC
“Great Food, never disappoints.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I eat there regularly. The food is very tasty, well presented on the plate, and timely. I have eaten a variety of dishes and have never had a bad meal. The manager usually stops by our table and checks on us. If something is not right, which is infrequent he fixes it no questions asked. (The way it should be). I would recommend this place to anyone who likes asian cuisine.

• Visited March 2013
South Carolina
“Average food,nice atmosphere...”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have been wanting to try this place out for a while due to the reviews but never got around to it.
The inside decor is nice but as previous reviewers have mentioned it is rather noisy and it was not crowded when we stopped in.

Our server was kind of slow even though as stated Ganbei was not crowded and there seemed to be way more staff than customers.

To the food...
We started off with fried spring rolls and fried pot stickers,they were good but the accompanying sauces arrived 5 minutes later :(
Miso soup and a salad came with my entree,the salad was drowned in dressing but the miso was good.
My hibachi shrimp were not very good at all,strange oily burnt taste on the shrimp and veggies.
The wife said her lo mein and shrimp from the wok was ok .

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank CarolinaCoopers
Philadelphia
“Very good sushi- Excellent service”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stopped here after checking yelp and TripAdvisor and seeing the good ratings. Fun, modern decor- warm greeting from hostess. Seated at a table that had some sort of food stickiness on it in one spot- promptly cleaned up and the manager (or owner?) came by to apologize profusely. He even offered to have my blazer cleaned, which wasn't needed. He stopped at every single table while I was there (including mine a second time) to check if the food and service were good. Edamame could have used a little more salt, but that was the only food complaint.

Salmon roe, salmon, white tuna, eel, flying fish roe, yellowtail and several other pieces were all fresh, the right temperature, and well presented. I am a bit of a sushi snob and so I can be a tough critic- in NY or Miami this might be just 'good' sushi, but it can't be easy to keep the best grade fish in a more remote market like this. What pushes the review to excellent is the decor and the superb service and management. I look forward to returning next time I am in town.

• Visited February 2013