“Southern cooking at it's best!!!”
Review of The Farmer's Shed - CLOSED

The Farmer's Shed
Cuisines: American
Description: Pure Country, straight from the farms to the kitchen and in your belly baby! Yummyyy time!! Menu changes daily with your choice of meat and 2 veggies and a fresh biscuit or cornbread. Don't forget your big glass of sweet tea! Hard to pick a favorite day or favorite items--a few of mine are the skillet(and I do mean cast iron) fried chicken, cornbread salad, fried green maters, Jefferson chicken, turkey and dressing, shrimp and grits, fried pork chop, greens---man--hate they closed now! Looks like a big open air market with palnts and veggies, bbut the goodness is tucked inside. Varies on different cakes and pies from millionare's pie, to cocnut cake, to banana pudding to mandarine orange or pig picking cake. So divine! Walk in and waddle out folks! Fran Livingston
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Found this on Diners, Drive-In's & Dives website and did not disappoint! I cook southern food but this was even better than my home cooking!!! We had fresh out of the skillet fried green tomatoes and collard greens--mmmm! Everything was great! You can check their daily menu on their website before you pick what day you want to eat there. Very small restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating but we loved the atmosphere. The greatest waitress in the world--very southern and did her job very well. We tipped her and the cook, it was that good! We'll come again if in this area!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was in Lexington on business and like any true southern boy, I had to try this place out. I remember watching an episode of Diners, drive ins and dives with this restaurant on it and it did not disappoint. I did not eat in, but got take out, but the food was excellent. They have different dishes depending on the day of the week.Today I got the chicken fried steak and wanted the collards, but they were sold out, which means they are good, also sold out was the squash casserole, I will get those next trip up there. I had the green beans and hashbrown casserole. The beans are fresh and when I asked what they were cooked with, they said ham hock, so I knew they were done right. The beans were great! The smokiness of the ham hock, and not being a canned bean made all the difference, well done. The hashbrown casserole was good as well, didn't have to use the salt shaker on any of the food. The steak was cooked to order which took some time, but for a fresh product, I wouldn't have it any other way, and it was cooked perfectly with a nice country gravy to go with it. I go back next week, so I will definately stop by again to see if the same great results repeat themselves, I'm sure they will.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

It was just a short trip for us from Akin SC to Lexington SC about 45 minutes. So we went on a Monday. Each day of the week has specific menus. So make sure you know what the day of the week has your favorite main dish. There is not a full ala-carte menu. I had the fried chicken livers and my boyfriend had the hamburger steak. They'd had an electrical problem so the chicken & dumplings my boyfriend had wanted were not available. The sides are all homemade fresh from local farms. My chicken livers were lightly breaded and cooked perfectly. the hamburger steak was tasty even though the law in SC makes everyone cook ground beef to "well done". The stewed tomatoes were excellent and the coleslaw not too sweet. The biscuit and cornbread was homemade and both had a great southern texture. The staff was warm, friendly, and attentive. We will return but I think we’ll hold out for Friday when they cook shrimp & grits and Jefferson Chicken.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

First off, as to the one poor review, the show on food network is diners drive ins and dives, not not upscale fine dining in america.. The farmers shed is just, that a local dive in the midst of a farmers market, so if you wanted champagne and nice tables with matching chairs and china, you should be looking elsewhere for your dining tips. The shrimp and grits were awesome, as Guy said and the cheddar tomato casserole was something new for me, but very good. They have authentic skillet cornbread, not the best I've ever had but very good, probably because i like it to be warm out of the oven and theirs seemed to be made earlier in the day. The service was great and food came out as soon as we ordered. and on the way out we got to sample some of the strawberry cider at the market next door. All in all a great triple d pick!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Finally took the wife to enjoy this out of the way place featured on DDD. This was not my first trip and again I was not disappointed. I have never been to a place that handled the traffic and put out the fresh home cooked meals like this place. Check their web site and choose the day you prefer, but believe me you won't be disappointed with any day you decide to go. On top of this, the meals are very reasonable and served just they way they should be - hot and will generous portions. Don't expect fancy plates and flatware.