“Not my first choice”

Cuisines: Mexican
Columbia, SC
“Not my first choice”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We used to go to Casa Linda quite often, especially when they had the 99 cent taco night. Their service was hit or miss, and more than not, my order was wrong and they didn't take the blame that they messed it up. They thought I said it wrong, when others at the table heard me order correctly. The salsa is good and bean dip is really good. I'm not sure the food is worth the cost, and more than once the waitress seemed to a bit perturbed that we didn't order more...It would be nice if we were appreciated for dining there and spending money; we had many choices on where to eat and chose them...we didn't have to..

• Visited September 2012

abbeville, SC
“Great and fresh!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We stopped coming thru Columbia. I love Mexican food and I always get fajita Nachos (chicken). These were excellent. Really fresh ingredients and real chicken slices. Cheese dip was good and my kids had tacos that were good. My only complaint was that we were seated in the bar area. If it had been busy that wouldn't have been a great area for two little kids.

Gainesville, Florida
“Stay Away!”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Strange ambiance, appears to be a poorly converted sports bar to restaurant with mexican pictures hung on the wall, music came on and off sporadically, and rap music was blaring from the kitchen. Food was less than authentic, salsa was overly salty, but chips were fresh and warm, margaritas were clearly from a mix, definitely not made fresh. After notifying wait staff of a hair found in my rice, manager never came over, and staff appeared surprised and made me feel they didn't believe me. Will NOT be returning.

• Visited November 2011
Lexington, SC
“Top Notch!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The food at Casa Linda is always perfect. The margaritas are made fresh, no mix is used, and you can taste the difference!!! The wait staff is quick, courteous, informed and gracious. We eat here once a week and have never been disappointed in any aspect of this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank LAA13
“For Mexican Food, this is Lexington's Best!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Casa Linda is a family-owned restaurant with three other locations in the Columbia area. The Lexington location is a nice, new, comfortable spot. It's located in Lexington's nicest area - the East Lex corridor along Sunset Boulevard. Linda herself is frequently overseeing things at this location, and she is friendly and very focused on ensuring that you enjoy your experience. The wait staff, unlike in most Mexican restaurants in the area, is excellent. Service is generally lightning-quick, and the prices are low. The food is SO much better than what can be found at Casa Linda's competitors in the area, San Jose, Monterrey, El Fogata, etc.

About Casa Linda's food, they feature plenty of standard Mexican restaurant fare, but with much better quality than what you find elsewhere. For example, the fajitas, salsas, chimichangas, and anything with chicken are all top-notch. What sets Casa Linda apart is that they also feature more authentic menu options and specials for the slightly more adventurous diner. My recommendations are the tacos al pastor, the chilaquiles (major weakness for these), the mole, the tacos de asada, and the stuffed chiles poblanos (excellent). I am far less enthusiastic about the carnitas. These need work. Casa Linda's margaritas are good. Hard-to-find (in this area) great Mexican beers such as Bohemia and Negra Modelo are here, too, and are served cold, cold, cold.

Without a doubt, for Mexican food in Lexington, this is the place to go.

• Visited July 2011