“Holy Moley, That's Good Chinese!”
Review of Miyos of Lexington

Miyos of Lexington
Ranked #103 of 212 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Holy Moley, That's Good Chinese!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This place is uh-mazing! Truly unique Asian fusion food. I highly recommend the Walnut Chicken. So yummy! When I visit Columbia, Miyo's is a must!

Visited December 2013

Lexington, South Carolina
“Getting soft? or just good food?”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you've read any of my other reviews for Lexington restaurants, you know that I am pretty unforgiving when it comes to bad service and poor quality. Miyos on the other hand breaks the trend for Lexington's legacy. I used to say that dining in town was like fishing in the desert, but now at long last, I've been to one place that has had consistently good food and service, more than twice in a row!

Seating is good enough for a strip mall location although I'd like to see more tables and fewer booths, nice staff, top shelf drinks and even good food served in a style that actually represents how it's presented in the menu! I have had the curries, the sushi rolls, some sashimi, moo-shoo and a desert (not all in the same sitting mind you). I almost thought I was dreaming, not because it was superb or fantastic, it is good, but because it was in Lexington and it wasn't horrible food served by lobotomized wards of the state.

Keep it up and we'll keep coming back, ordering nice meals & drinks and tipping your staff well.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank bunnypuffer
“Beyond my expectations”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

After despairing that I would ever find decent Chinese food in Columbia, a colleague suggested the M Cafe downtown. But since there was a street fair going on that night we opted for Miyo's (owned by the same folks) instead. We weren't disappointed. Miyo's bills itself as an Asian cafe, not a Chinese restaurant, and that is a fair distinction. An extensive menu includes sushi, sashimi, tempura, sate, pad thai and many other asian treats as well as the usual wok and fried rice dishes. They even have combo platters for those who can't make up their minds. And, a nice touch, you can order a lunch portion at dinner if you don't want to take a doggie bag home. I had Hong Kong fried rice, a delectable mix of shrimp, sausage, pineapple and cashews, which was delicious. The others in our party seemed equally pleased with their choices. I heartily recommend you give this place a try. I think you'll like it.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank JustLurking
Lexington, South Carolina
“Great Egg Rolls!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Miyos reduced their novel of a menu to a functional few pages. Much easier to order and see the selections. Vegetable egg rolls and garlic beans are awesome. Miyos garlic beans are some of the best I have had in an Asian restaurant. Establishment was clean and service was quick.

• Visited May 2013
Aiken, SC
“What a menu”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Were picking up our new car in Columbia and got hungry waiting. The salesman, who obviously enjoys his food told us he would send us to a great Chinese restaurant and it was. Hubby had sushi wihich came with a salad with a great dressing and my soup bowl lunch was so full of stuff I could hardly get my chop sticks in. Would almost be worth the 40 minute drive to go again and will when we get the 1st service.

Visited November 2012