“Good lunch and a lot of food”
Review of Vegetable Medley - CLOSED

Vegetable Medley
Reviewed January 6, 2017

Local buffet eatery which serves good country cooking. This is a locals hangout and the food is plentiful. Always good food,tea and desserts. Bring cash or checks only, no credit cards.

Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

Staff is always so nice and smiling, it is always so welcoming. My small children eat very little and up to a certain age is free. My husband and I enjoy coming here for BBQ and other tasty sides.

1  Thank HLindler
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

We ate lunch here today for our Greens & Black eyed Peas, fried cornbread & Red Velvet Cake. Everything was fabulous - Southern Cooking at its best. Try them in 2017!!

Reviewed December 21, 2016

Yesterday we had plans to eat at the newest restaurant opened by this family but found it closed when we arrived so we decided to eat at the Vegetable Medley instead. We had been there before but it had been several years. After going through the buffet we know why we had not been back. We arrived an hour before lunch closing so there should have still been plenty of food on the bar. Several of the vegetables were low. We saw the staff replace some of the foods as we ate but was not impressed enough to get seconds on anything except the fried chicken and only then because all the other meats were not good. The BBQ for which they are famous was the driest meat I have ever eaten.....could not decide whether it was leftover chicken pulled to look like pork or whether it was actually pork. The waitress said it was pit cooked BBQ but must have been left over from the weekend. Even the sauce that we had to look for did not make it any better. My husband said the hash did have a taste and labeled it ok. The dressing was palatable but dry until I put some of the juice from the chicken and dumplings on it. The only vegetable that I enjoyed was the butter beans. The squash would probably have been good if it had been fresh but what was left was dark looking. We only tried the peach cobbler for dessert and it was as most other restaurant cobblers...acceptable and warm. Can't say anything nice about the salad bar what little was there. We ordered tea...my husband asked for sweet and me unsweet. He got tea that had to have sugar added to it to make it sweet. We also asked for straws and were told they did not have any although we saw other people in the restaurant have them...maybe they brought their own. I don't think we will go back to this restaurant. They do not accept cards only cash and checks.

Reviewed December 19, 2016

Good selections of food for the money.
We noticed that the food was not warm and they had just opened.
Was cold in side as if the heat was not working.
Our bad experience showed up later as we got food poisoning.

They need to make sure the food is kept hot on the bar. Reluctant to
go back again.