“Great buffet”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We love eating here with the whole family. My advice, don't save room for dessert. The buffet food is excellent but the dessert is terrible.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We saw this place on the SC BBQ Trail map while visiting in the area and decided to give it a try. It was great! Don’t expect a fancy building or atmosphere but do anticipate good food, service and prices. They have a menu that doesn’t look like it has changed in 10 years and a buffet. Real BBQ pork; not electric smoker, not pulled pork with no sauce, but real BBQ like I remember from years ago. I tried the buffet, ate way too much and enjoyed every bite. My wife got a pork BBQ plate with three sides and ate it all (she usually can’t finish a McDonald’s single cheeseburger and fries and doesn’t even really like pork or BBQ). The buffet had three meats, sides, vegetables, bread, desserts and real, honest pimento cheese. And some of the best baked mac and cheese I’ve seen in a restaurant, much less on a buffet line. When we were leaving town she wanted to go back again for an early dinner but we were on the other side of Columbia and heading north, my loss. This is definitely on my short list of places to go back to and is probably even worth the two plus hour one-way drive from our house just to eat.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I moved here from the coast, and was accustomed to vinegar /ketchup based sauce. After living here 15 years, I finally found Hudson's. This is the best bbq, that I have found in this area. They have a wonderful buffet also. They have added several locations in the last few years, and now even have a bar section totally away from the regular dining room. You may also eat outside, and they have specials daily, and entertainment outside on some evenings.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Visit Hudson's Smokehouse on Sunset Blvd in Lexington, SC and you will never forget it, it's that good. Enjoy your favorite plate right at the bar.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a Lexington staple for good eats. Great buffet, excellent barbecue (so good you don't need sauce or any add ons), and good service. It's always packed, so prepare to wait to get seated or pick up your to-go order. Definitely one of the best barbecue's I've had.

They also catered my wedding--excellent prices and the food was even more amazing than normal!