Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
$93
$70
$62
$119
Quality Inn & Suites(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$67
QualityInn
$119
Hampton.com
$106
All reviewsroom was cleanshopping and restaurantscinnamon rollsnice stayfree breakfasta great place to staybagelsdesk clerkbreakfast was excellentparking lotcookiesexcellent customer serviceone night staywould stay againstarbucksreport
Reviewed December 4, 2013

By far the worst Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed in. I stayed in room 114 and you could hear everything from guest check in's to the staff going out the door and talking while they smoked. Will never stay here again. When you pay over $100 for a room you expect a lot better than this!

Room Tip: Far, far away from guest services.... maybe....
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lorrie G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear lucas_oceallachain,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the internet connection has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have been coming to this holiday inn express since it opened. The people who work here make me feel at home. For the years I have stayed here I have seen the place need some work. Every day I was here they were working on this. I think they got the picture!
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Stuart L
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I knew going in this was not going to be a great HIE, but I was desperate and was the only thing available using my IHG Rewards points. It should be noted that the GM WANTS to improve because there are notes and signs everywhere stating this....even in the room. However upon entering the hotel you are greeted with a stale cigarette smell that permeates throughout the tired lobby.
I would like to say that I was greeted at check in, but there was no body at the desk- at 230pm on Saturday. I noticed several employees milling around back in the office and not one acknowledged me standing there even though they saw me- offered to get assistance or even said someone will be right with you.
Finally after about 6-7 minutes I see 2 employees walk in the back door from outside who had been smoking. One girl comes to the desk, does not apologize for her absence or offer any sort of explanation. Her nametag indicated she was the front desk supervisor. She gave me the keys and up we went. We had 2 rooms. The elevator carpet is disgustingly dirty and the hall carpets I am sure have not been cleaned in many months. Quickly changed and left for the football game.
The next morning - took a shower and they have installed the curved shower rod too high because the shower curtain barely hits the top of the tub so beware water will get everywhere.
I didn't dare walk around barefoot bc the carpet was very dirty with many stains. My daughters room I noticed that the light switch had a hand written note in a sharpie- "Leave On..Works Fridge." The AC unit was very dusty and dirty as well.
Breakfast- well to say there was a breakfast was an understatement. Most things were empty- no napkins, no cinnamon rolls, no bananas, no pancake batter, no cranberry juice and the attendant seemed to have an attitude with a little boy who asked if there were any more of something- her response was "Honey I can't just whip it out just like that!" What was more surprising was the "tip" jar which really was an empty coffee pot with a couple dollars thrown in.
The breakfast area during non breakfast times was dirty - dusty chairs, stained chair covers, stained and carpet had not been vacuumed anytime recently. I could see debris and crumbs under the breakfast bar equipment so it was obvious it needed a good deep cleaning.

I was underwhelmed with this hotel and unless necessary will choose not to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank travelgrl1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear travelgrl1,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. We certainly regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and these will be shared to our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Despite your disappointment, we hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The staff and all personnel that I encountered were extremely nice and friendly, and did their best to anticipate needs before being asked. The linen and towels were always clean and available and no matter what I left in the room it was always still there when I returned.

Room Tip: All rooms on the third floor are non-smoking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had an extended stay with the Holiday Inn Express Aug 12th-Oct 4th. The front desk staff and housekeeping associates were very friendly. I would like to personally commend Mr. Wayne Robinson for his hospitality. He is awesome and he really took care of us during our stay. He treated us as if we were guest in his own home and made the stay much more pleasant. Kudos to Mr. Wayne!!! :-)

• Stayed: August 2013