“Off the beaten path, but nice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Off the beaten path, but nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

From the outside, this appeared to be a first generation Hampton Inn that was converted to a Holiday Inn Express so we were a little skeptical at first. It is located behind a row of commercial properties on a busy artery, so it was a bit difficult to find late at night. Judging by the size of the mature landscaping (which was nice, by the way), it's about 20 years old. Inside, it is very well maintained and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We felt right at home. the bedding was very nice and the flat screen TV had reasonable viewing options (although they were grainy - not HD). It was a traditional 'old school' hotel room layout with two beds and a lamp in between. I would've preferred more separation or a partial room divider (we were traveling with a teenager). Breakfast had good options - lots of weekend soccer teams and traveling retirees. It is a very upscale suburban community. The property seemed to appeal to a broad range of people.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

I travel for business all over south east. The staff (Especially Julie ) is always gracious, professional and respectful.
The rooms are spacious, clean and the bed is comfortable. I always remember the work desk at this hotel while working on narrow work desks at some other hotels, work desk here is broader then most other hotels, it makes my work so much more convenient since I have lot of papers to deal with along with my laptop.
I like the fact that hotel is located in downtown Lexington with restaurants and stores steps from the door. I prefer such inside city locations compared to exit ramp so it makes my evenings more enjoyable.
hotel has nice calm, quiet and pleasant environment, perfect to relax after a long day of work.
In nutshell, it's excellent staff, clean large rooms, great location and reasonable rates

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I were just passing through SC on our way to New Orleans and decided to stay in Lexington as it was getting late afternoon. I had enough hotel reward points for this Holiday Inn Express but wanted to see the hotel before I booked. As we were getting closer (using my GPS), I kept saying "what a beautiful town"! It looked manicured and just lovely. I mentioned to the gentleman at the front desk of the hotel how much I loved the look of the town. He asked if I had been down Main Street, which I had not. I ASSUME he meant that too was beautiful. I don't know about sightseeing there as we left early morning, but the hotel was quite nice and clean and appeared to be fairly new (don't know for sure). I would definitely stay there again if ever passing through. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel was outstanding. The building itself is probably a bit nicer than other holiday Inn express and suites at which I have stayed. This hotel's distinct difference however was the staff. Everyone we interacted with was incredible. All very helpful! The most amazing part of our stay was the woman who runs the breakfast area. My kids fell in love with her and she was amazing! It's the little things that make a hotel worthwhile and this woman made us feel right at home.

The rooms were excellent and well maintained. I would definitely encourage people to stay at this property.It is located in downtown Lexington, Within walking distance to restaurants and stores. Price was very competitive and for what you get at this property your dollar goes much further.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank pp1974
columbia sc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

Used this hotel for a family reunion. Booked over 2 months in advance. Do not use for a group reservation or you will experience problems from the booking thru check out. Housekeeping and front desk seem to have a communication problem which then leads to "the guest" is at fault. If you like walking in on dirty rooms, people in bed and broken ACs or hassles with night check ins.. this is your place. A good rate isn't worth the trouble. Response to my concerns were met with "housekeeping had a busy weekend" . This is a local problem because our experiences with other HIEXP have been great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

I had a real good experience at this hotel, I arrived in a huge rainstorm, (3 miles from interstate so if you are looking for 'right off the highway' this is not for you) the hotel had no
non-smoking rooms left, but the front desk employee let me check out a smoking room, and it did not smell overwhelmingly so I took it, and she gave me a great discount. There are good-not fast food- restaurants nearby, so that is a plus. Good neighborhood, friendly staff.
Standard holiday inn cleanliness and amenities.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back yous see trees not parking
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Amy2667
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

The staff was fully knowledgeable of the hotel and area. One of the staff directed me to the best restaurant I've ever eaten at. This location is convenient to shopping, restaurants, etc. I truly enjoyed the room; it was clean and relaxing. My only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
#3 of 7 in Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!