“couldn't have been better”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel was outstanding. The building itself is probably a bit nicer than other holiday Inn express and suites at which I have stayed. This hotel's distinct difference however was the staff. Everyone we interacted with was incredible. All very helpful! The most amazing part of our stay was the woman who runs the breakfast area. My kids fell in love with her and she was amazing! It's the little things that make a hotel worthwhile and this woman made us feel right at home.

The rooms were excellent and well maintained. I would definitely encourage people to stay at this property.It is located in downtown Lexington, Within walking distance to restaurants and stores. Price was very competitive and for what you get at this property your dollar goes much further.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pp1974

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Used this hotel for a family reunion. Booked over 2 months in advance. Do not use for a group reservation or you will experience problems from the booking thru check out. Housekeeping and front desk seem to have a communication problem which then leads to "the guest" is at fault. If you like walking in on dirty rooms, people in bed and broken ACs or hassles with night check ins.. this is your place. A good rate isn't worth the trouble. Response to my concerns were met with "housekeeping had a busy weekend" . This is a local problem because our experiences with other HIEXP have been great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I had a real good experience at this hotel, I arrived in a huge rainstorm, (3 miles from interstate so if you are looking for 'right off the highway' this is not for you) the hotel had no
non-smoking rooms left, but the front desk employee let me check out a smoking room, and it did not smell overwhelmingly so I took it, and she gave me a great discount. There are good-not fast food- restaurants nearby, so that is a plus. Good neighborhood, friendly staff.
Standard holiday inn cleanliness and amenities.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back yous see trees not parking
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Amy2667
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The staff was fully knowledgeable of the hotel and area. One of the staff directed me to the best restaurant I've ever eaten at. This location is convenient to shopping, restaurants, etc. I truly enjoyed the room; it was clean and relaxing. My only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We stopped in on our way to Florida over March Break. We got a very warm reception from the desk clerk who made our check in very painless and made a great recommendation for dinner. The location had many restaurants nearby to choose from. The room was very clean. They had wifi and a nice working space in the room. The bathroom was clean and the shower had fabulous water pressure! This was all complimented by a free breakfast that was more of a full breakfast instead of the typical continental.

It was a little bit of a drive from the interstate but worth the drive.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I had been to this hotel last year and already knew I would be happy with my visit. I brought a group and everyone commented on how nice the rooms were. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was excellent and there were plenty of restaurants close by for lunch and dinner. I had rented the meeting room and was impressed that everything was ready & perfect on my arrival. We all look forward to returning again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is clean hotel and a good value. The location is excellent in Lexington. The breakfast is poor even by 2 1/2 star standards. The "hot" aspects of it are not appetizing, but if all you need is a bagel and some yogurt, it's not a big deal. The exercise room is terrible. If you are planning on working out before your day, you may need to rethink staying here. The treadmill is ancient and emits an annyoing whine the entire time. The elliptical is ancient as well. I could not get the recumbant bike to work. Management said it was new. Could have been me. The room itself is extremely small and blazing hot. After my workout I learned they have a membership to a pretty nice gym down the road. Unfortunately, the staff doesn't generally know about this. I learned it when I discussed the exercise room conditions with the manager.

Not a terrible place to stay, just understand the shortcomings.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
#3 of 7 in Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!