“One of the best!”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed three nights & enjoyed everyday. Friendly staff. Breakfast was great. Hotel very clean.

• Stayed: June 2012
LEXWING1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I will share your comments with out staff.
Jeanette

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times when traveling through from Atlanta and have always had a great experience. Very nice, clean rooms and bathrooms at a good price. Fantastic location with easy access to both Lexington and Columbia. Breakfast was well stocked and replenished as needed with plenty of variety. No complaints!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Dear guest,
We are so glad to be your hotel when you are here from Atlanta. Thank you for reviewing our hotel.
I look forward to meeting you if (I haven't already) next time you are in town.
Many thanks,

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed 2 nights from a very long drive to attend a nearby graduation. First impressions of the hotel was very solid. I arrived fairly late and the pool patio was still hoppin. My room looked pretty clean and well stocked with everything upon arrival- they did a good job with those details. I left for Chili's right across the way and came back and experienced the wrath of a 4th floor gone frat house by midnight. I turned my tv up loud to drown out the hollering and constant revolving doors (would of been better off the hinges!). Wanted to sleep in but awoke just before 7am to the same circus, wow. I did go down to front desk later in morning and requested room/floor swap and she obliged no problem, so kudos to them for that.

The rooms were pretty solid and well equipped. Nothing fancy at all. The TV's definitely need updating and perhaps HD service. I thought the housekeepers did a very good job on the rooms but the patio and other public areas were a little less than impressive.The only other minor complaint I have regarding the room are the entry doors. They are so loud when shut.

Breakfast had all the basics - eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, waffles etc but nothing special kind of bland, but considering this was free, it is acceptable for me.

Front desk was courteous but I thought they could of been a little more knowledgeable of the area. I requested an extended check-out time late in the evening but apparently it was not communicated or picked up by another staff member because I got a call anyway at 1135am reminding me to check out. I wanted to sleep another hour due to the long drive back and the fact that I was going straight to work to pull a 12hr shift without any rest.

The area is very convenient to just about anything you need. Columbia only 8miles away. All in all not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 50yearStorm
LEXWING1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed description of your stay. I'm sorry to hear that some of our other guests were not as respectful of their shared space for the time you were both here. All feedback that we get can help us to be a better destination, so we are checking our doors to see what adjustments we can make for them to be quieter. If you wouldn't mind please let me know the dates of your stay so that I can check on the communication route of your late check out. We want to make sure that type of request is seamless. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I booked this hotel just thinking it would be run of the mill hotel and I found a fantastic place to stay that is close to the interstate as well as many popular areas. It had great rooms and a tremendous value for the money. The hotel looks and feels new and the staff are fantastic. The breakfast was sumptuous and is much better than may hotels rated much higher. I will definitely stay there every chance I get. Heck, I might even make a special trip to Columbia just to stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is the best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2012

From the moment we walked in, we were impressed! The staff was welcoming and friendly -- and everything looked clean and nicely maintained. Our room was very nice with very comfortable beds! I would highly recommend this hotel for any visit to Columbia - we were there for the USC graduation and found this location had easy access to the Colonial Life Arena without having to get back on the Interstate. There is a Chili's restaurant just a short walk across the parking lot and other restaurants are easy to get to as well in the Lexington area. Overall, excellent choice!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
LEXWING1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. We really appreciate the compliments. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of our guests, so they will be thankful for your feedback too.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This hotel was by no means one of the worst I've stayed at; it was also not one of the best. The "big things" were right-- staff at front desk were friendly enough, room seemed generally clean, there was a decent breakfast. It was the little things that rated it down for me. They had a laundry basket just like mine at home out by the pool along with a clothes hamper that you'd find in the average family's closet. (For towels, I presume.) You simply don't mix residential with commercial or it looks shabby. That was the case here. It was a small thing, but I still noticed. The elevators were pretty filthy- needed both mopping and a wipe-down on the panels. The housekeeper neglected to leave hand towels the second day we were there, which we had to go down and request due to the omission. Our room door looked like it had been slobbered on by a greasy kid- really disgusting. Probably never cleaned before. The breakfast area wasn't filthy, but it wasn't clean either. Always hard to find a table that didn't have sticky stuff on it.

So while I can't say I'd stay here again, I'll also say that I've seen worse in my life. I know it's hard to manage a staff at a hotel, but with a little more oversight/increased expectations, most of these things could be fixed overnight.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
LEXWING1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Guest
I'm sorry you had such an average experience here at our hotel. I agree that the bins out by pool are not the proper equipment, and they are temporary until the correct items come in. We just wanted to make sure we had bins available. However, I must apologize for the cleanliness issues. We take all reviews seriously and make sure that we learn from them as a whole. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Super clean, great service, gracious personnel. This hotel had complimentary wine/beer. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful. Can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: Comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
LEXWING1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Guest,
It was great to hear from you and thank you for the compliments. I will share them with our staff family.
Warmest Regards,
Jeanette

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
Comfort Suites Lexington
#3 of 7 in Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington? Share your experiences!