“Best accomdations in a long time!”

Comfort Suites Lexington
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best accomdations in a long time!”
Reviewed December 16, 2009

For the value, this hotel is exceptional with friendly and helpful staff who go out of their way to assist. I was involved in a wedding in the Lexington area and the rehearsal dinner was held in the hotel's meeting room. We transformed the room into a beautifully decorated room with space for plenty of people to mingle and eat a catered meal. The room was equipped with screen to view a video of the couple that was shown. The staff was so accomodating! Breakfast was also very good. Thumbs up for this hotel!!
The room was exceptionally clean, attractively decorated and quiet! Parking was easy and plenty of room. KH North Caronlina

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
california
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I had to stay at this hotel on a couple of occassions in September. My stay was excellent. The staff are very friendly,especially the the breakfast host,she made me feel like I was at home. The accomadations were excellent, very clean rooms, and the WIFI was complimentary. I also enjoyed the fitness centre. I neede some help researching some schools in the area, the manager spent a half an hour giving me the details on all schools in lexington. I will be back

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
sc
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I have visited this hotel on many occassions. My husband and I are looking to purchase a home in the city therfore we make frequent visits to the city and always stay at this hotel. On our last visit we were told that my credit card declined payment. I told them that shoul dnot be but i will check. While on the phone checking some one came to our room door and requested our license until we came down to check out. I was so imbarrassed and my husband wanted to let them know that we were not trying to break out without paying so he paid with cash and gave her a tip for having to come up to our room. I was so ashamed but I got off the phone and we prepared to leave. When we got home, after a week or so my credit card statemant came in and I ws billed four times on my card. I called the general manager he pulled up the account and saw the error and said he would credit it back. It has been weeks and he has not credited it back and he avoides my calls and my emails. I contacted central and he sent me an email with alot of lies saying he tried to contact me twice and he refunded me cash ( I am in another state hoe did he do that) he also said my account was a shared account and he credit my account back. My account was not a shred account and he saw that when he pulled up my account the first time and he still has not called me back nor issued a credit to my account and since this hotel is privatly owned central can not do anything else because they claim they do not have the owners na,e or address which implies to me that the owner is either the manager or the owner is like the manager and just does not care how the cust. is treated. I would recommendt not staying at a idependantly owned hotel because if a issue arrives the manager knows that the ball stops in his court.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
ComfortsuitesLEX, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Suites Lexington, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
At the Comfort Suites - Lexington, SC, all of our staff members treat our guests with utmost respect and professionalism, as if each guest were a family member. We understand that confusion may occur during the course of one's stay, and unfortunately, this was the case.

The confusion was with the billing for our guest's stay. Our guest was under the impression that the room rate was different that what was actually paid. Without going into specifics, our guest thought the room rate was 50% less than the correct room rate, even though they acknowledged the rate they were supposed to pay when they signed their registration card upon check-in. In response to the claim of 4 charges on the credit card used, this is also inaccurate. To explain further, a request was made by our guest to split the room charges with 2 credit cards (this may have caused the confusion with the rate because each credit card was to be charged 50% of the entire room cost). One credit card was charged twice (once for each night) but the other credit card was only charged once for one night because there were not sufficient funds on the credit card for the second night, thus totaling 3 charges not 4.

Because the guest had a balance on their account (due to the credit card declining), we requested a different form of payment. We received cash for the remaining balance and the guest checked out. Guest contacted the hotel regarding the bill and the General Manager told her that he would check for an error, and if there was an error in billing, it would be corrected. As stated before, the correct amount was charged to the guest, but not to the guest's satisfaction. Therefore, there were no errors in the billing and the guest did not accept this.

We apologize that there was a confusion with the billing, however, the correct amount was paid. We feel that no further discount is necessary due to a discounted rate that was already given.
Abbeville
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my two young boys. I walked down to the lobby to get change and walked into a hotel employee using VERY vulgar words to two other men in the lobby. I was scared for the safety of me and my boys. I later made a complaint once the employee was off work. I recieved no call from the manage. I the next day had to call the manager and he was just as nasty as his employee. He believes that his employee had every right to use that kind of vulgar words as personal call. I dont believe its ok when you work in the public to behave in that manner. I'm not happy with the manager nor the employee and they out right called me a lair that my children was not there to witness this. The staff at the front desk and the manager are very rude and it is not a place to bring young children because they believe its ok to use such valgur words and offer no kind resolution.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank sockkitty
ComfortsuitesLEX, Manager at Comfort Suites Lexington, responded to this review, August 5, 2009
We as a corporate and family oriented hotel believe that it is inappropriate to use harsh language. This was an unfortunate event where our staff was dealing with teenage trespassers who had been asked to leave numerous times. He got frustrated and asked them to leave with strong language as the family was walking down the hall. The staff member did apologize to her children in front of management and he has been counseled and re-trained.

Management
alabama
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We were passing thrugh Columbia, and discovered this hotel. What a pleasant surprise. The service is excellent, a great breakfast,my kids enjoyed the indoor pool

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Charleston
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Hotel is nice. Front desk staff does not have a clue nor does the manager.

Booked on-line and asked for a room away from the elevator, ice machine etc. Also asked for a corner room.

Upon check-in, once we got our room cards, I asked the front desk clerk if we had a room away from the elevator and ice machine. She said "yes sir" you are taken care of.

Parked the car, went to our room and guess what, directly across from the elevator and ice machine, in the middle of the hotel!

Had extra charges on our bill which we did not use/have. Front desk removed. Front desk manager was having an argurement with a customer about a room rate and was extremly rude to the customer.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Managers attitude
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Goldsboro, NC
Reviewed November 2, 2008

My family and I stayed 2 nights at the Comfort Suites in Lexington. There were some computer issues with our credit card at check-in so when we checked out the incorrect credit card was still showing, but James was great and corrected it on the spot! The lobby was very nice as was the breakfast area. The breakfast had many options, my 2 year old loved the cantaloupe, grapes, and bananas. There was bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and of course you could make your own waffles! There were a lot of other options and the breakfast is until 9:30 so you don't have to get up too early.

The room was great. It had new furnishings and was very clean. There was a nice flat screen tv and a DVD player. The wi-fi in the room was also a plus...you could check you email in bed so bring your laptop. It was pretty fast too. The bed was very comfortable and you had 5 pillows to choose from. There are also many tv channels available.

The bathroom was also very clean, a little small, but it was clean and everything was really new so really no complaints here!

We spent the afternoon at Riverbanks zoo in Columbia so if you have little ones, or even if you don't, it was a nice place to spend the afternoon and was really easy to get too. Right up the street are some restaurants to choose from and a Kmart if you need anything.

There is no doubt that if we are ever in the area again we will stay at this hotel again!! The staff was very friendly and the hotel itself was great!

• Liked — Everything was NEW!! Great Breakfast and great room!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#22 of 94 in Columbia

Been to Comfort Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!