“Exceeded y expectations”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Durham, North Carolina
“Exceeded y expectations”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for a 3 day conference. The rooms are modern and well-equipped. The lobby is spacious and inviting. The breakfast is above average. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location is convenient. When we arrived one of the lights was out in the bathroom. We reported it and it was quickly replaced. The beds are comfy and I liked the room arrangement with plenty of comfortable seating. All in all a great place to stay at a nice price. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The higher floors are further away from traffic and parking lot noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jeremy G, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lexington, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your stay! I apologize that the light that was out in your suite was not noticed and replaced prior to your check-in, however I am happy to know that our staff was able to quickly replace the bulb for you. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Inman, SC
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Spent the night at this Coomfort Suites after a long day of Tailgating and football. Check in was quick and friendly. We found the room exceeded our expectations. The bed slept great. The morning breakfast had a good selection and was good. We we pleasantly surprised as to the quality of this hotel. We had shied away from Comfort hotels due to some bad experiences. This Comfort Suites definitely change that attitude. We will stay hare again when staying over night in the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeremy G, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lexington, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am excited to know that our accommodations exceeded your expecations, and that your overall experience at our property was a positive one. I am also happy to hear that your stay with us has helped improve your impression of the Comfort Suites Brand. We are proud to be one of the leaders of our brand and will continue to strive to provid clean and comfortable accommodations along with our friendly, knowledgeable customer service. We look forward to the opportunity of further exceeding your expecations the next time you are in town. Thank you!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had the chance to stay at the Comfort Suite in Lexington South Carolina and found it to be a great experience. Gracious front desk service. Fresh and Clean facility. Comfortable bed and soft textiles. Great breakfast. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Be prepared to smile.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Comfort Suites of Lexington, and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Lexington/Columbia area. As always, please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance. Thank you!
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was a new, modern hotel that in downtown Lexington and has a close proximity to many places in the city of Lexington, including Lake Murray Dam and Park. The hotel is pretty close to access Hwy 20, Hwy 1 and Hwy 378. The hotel was quiet, despite a lot of guest staying there for Labor Day weekend; it was one of the quietest stays I have ever had in a hotel, even while folks were checking out, etc. Beautiful decor adorned the entire hotel. The breakfast was nice, with main entree options changing each day; there was usually some type of eggs, sausage, waffles (you make), bagels, bread, milk, orange juice, apple juice, water, etc. Stayed in a double bed suite. Bathrooms were a little tight but had granite showers and vanity tops. Toilets had a strong, pressurized flush and never left anything behind and the bath fan stayed on, which is great for families staying in the suite, using one bathroom. Beds were comfy and pillows smaller in width but and...though much better than some other hotel's paper thin ones. Room had a large, flat screen TV with a separate DVD player, which was great because there is a Blockbusters a mile or less from the hotel. Within a mile or 2 mile radius, there are several types of eating places, such as FATZ, Lizard Thicket and a variety of Fast Food eateries. The was a fitness area across from the elevators; though decent and new, I wish there was more privacy...I am a bit bashful and with the fitness center being right across from the elevators, folks are always looking right at you while they are waiting on the elevator to come down to the 1st floor; it's kind of creepy, but nothing a little frosting on the windows would not solve! My husband and son said there was a pool but I did not see it for myself to comment on. The hotel had pretty fast wireless internet. The business center had 2 PCs and 1 printer. I liked being able to use this center, however I ran into 2 issues. (1) Apparently, there is some sort of timer on one of the PCs; while I was online, every few minutes, I would be knocked off of my internet session and defaulted to the hotel’s main screen. I would have to keep logging back into my online sessions. My son was on the other computer and did not have this issue. (2) It seems there is some sort of meeting room next to the business center. The walls between the 2 rooms are either very thin or the folks were extremely loud, which was very aggravating. Aside from the couple of quirks, me and my family really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and highly recommend it!!!

Room Tip: 4th floor is very quite!!! I had room 405 and loved it!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your detailed review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Suites of Lexington and that you were able to take advantage of the many ammenities both on-site and nearby. The Comfort Suites of Lexington is located right in the heart of Lexington which provides our guests with easy access to many of the local businesses. I have taken note of your recommendation regarding the fitness center and will be working with my management team to determine the best idea for adding additional privacy for our guests using this facility. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here on business trip, since it was near my morning meeting. Pretty much downtown in Lexington, so plenty of dinner choices close-by. This is a fairly new Choice property, so I expected the cleanliness to be close to exemplary. But typical dirt-in-the-bathroom-corners was present and a couple of cobwebs on fixtures, but over-all pretty clean. Fitness room was clean and treadmill worked fine. No towels provided in the fitness room, which was probably an oversight by the staff.
Good selection of TV channels offered, and the WiFi was sufficient to support Netflix streaming video, which is my criterion for a repeat stay.
AARP rate was $84.60 on Choice website. That rate is OK, considering the alternatives on the West side of Columbia. Probably would use this one again. This hotel is located on a two-lane street near downtown, so the traffic can be a bit slow at 5:00PM and again in the morning, so plan accordingly.

Room Tip: This is in a pretty quiet location, so would suspect any room would be OK.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brad,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to know that you were satisfied with your stay. It is our goal to "WOW" every guest that walks through our doors, and I assure you will are working diligently to improve so that your next stay will be more than just satisfactory. We do provide towels in our fitness center, which is checked multiple times per day by our staff. I apologize that someone had not replenished the towel supply at the time of your visit. I assure you this will not happen again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Turbeville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here about a year ago and are staying again. The hotel was clean then and is clean now. Nice rooms, up to date with fast WI-FI. Great breakfast and very friendly and helpful staff. This is easily the nicest Comfort Suites (minus their resorts of course) I've been in. Hands down the best place to stay in Lexington, SC!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very happy to hear that you continue to enjoy your time with us each year. We will continue our hard work to ensure that you experience the same clean, comfortable, and friendly accommodations each year. If that ever changes, please let me know right away.
Medway, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was a great place to stay!!! Staff friendly and helpful!!! Breakfast was fantastic, hot scrambled eggs, make your own waffes, coffee excellent, no complaints at all. thank you so much!!! I even had an issue where i thought someone might have hit my rental car, spoke with the front desk, they let me use the security cameras to look and see if there had been an incident at the hotel or if i had not seen it we I rented the car. There was no incident!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy G, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lexington, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Alyse,

Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet and that you were satisfied with your overall experience. While I apologize that we were unable to allow you access to our security cameras due to our dedication to guest safety and privacy, I am happy to know that we were able to ease your mind regarding your vehicle by checking the security cameras for you to ensure that the incident did not take place in our parking lot. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Lexington!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington
Hampton Inn Lexington/Columbia
Quality Inn & Suites Lexington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Lexington
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard

Been to Comfort Suites Lexington? Share your experiences!