“Very Good for Laurens”

Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Laurens
Laurens, South Carolina
“Very Good for Laurens”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Roma is one of the best restaurants in Laurens. It has good Italian and Greek food at reasonable prices. The decor is good for such a small town: framed black and white photographs on exposed brick walls. Seating is comfortable, the restaurant is not noisy, and service is friendly.

• Visited October 2013

Estes Park, Colorado
“Great food, service, and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A large group of us enjoyed a business lunch at Roma last week. The locals among us knew what to expect but we out-of-towners were pleasantly surprised. The menu was diverse to put it mildly - - Italian, Greek, sandwiches, salads. And everything was wonderful, including the service. Another nice thing - - although the room was large and there were several of us, we could easily converse with one another. It was neither too loud, nor were the tables so close we had to worry about bothering others around us.

So nice to find this little jewel off the beaten path.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank mrssimptom
Greenville, South Carolina
“Always a good choice.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just the place to take a group. The menu has something for everyone. I myself love anything with lamb and feta so I always stick with the Greek side of the menu. But I have been with several parties of 6 or more and never seen anyone not love what they got. The staff is slim and you would think the service would suffer but it doesn't. You never have to ask twice and everything comes out in order so you always have something keep you going.

• Visited August 2012
Clinton, South Carolina
“Nice Place”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is my first visit to this restaurant as my kids took me there for Father's Day. The inside is nice with modern looking ceiling fans and some exposed brick walls. We were seated quickly and brought our drinks. The food was good, nothing spectacular, but just a good solid meal. There were only two waitresses on duty and they were full as it was father's day so the service suffered somewhat. I do not think they adequately staffed for the crowd. As a nice gesture, all fathers received a free dessert from a choice of three types of cake. The owner checked on us and my son-in-law asked for grilled onions for his Gyro. The owner quickly returned with some grilled onions and asked us if there was anything else we needed. It was refreshing to see an owner take a personal interest in his business. I believe in shopping local and will visit again. Overall I felt we got our monies worth.

• Visited June 2012
“Good small town food, great setting”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

At Roma for a large group function. Despite the number of people (50) the owners and staff did a very good job--good family-style Italian and Greek food (limited variety given the function), pleasant service. The setting is downright quaint, right off the Lauren's historic city center square. Recommended if you're passing through or in the area.