“Delighful stop over on drive home from a Florida vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abingdon Manor Inn and Restaurant

Abingdon Manor Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Latta B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delighful stop over on drive home from a Florida vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

My 9-year-old daughter and I recently drove (or I should say "I drove") from Tampa to Washington DC, which we've done a few times before, but this time was different because we didn't have our dog with us. So, thought I, no Motel 6 for us this time since we're canine free -- this time we're going to treat ourselves! I went on line and found Abington Manor, which is a located a slightly more than half way between Tampa and DC. It did not disappoint. What an oasis for weary travelers. The innkeepers were very gracious in allowing my daughter to stay, because they typically don't accept children under 10. Fortuantely, my daughter was very well behaved while we were there. We stayed in the Blue Room, which was very well appointed -- beautiful fabrics, comfy robes, Egyptian cotton towels, complimentary champagne and chocolates, etc. We had dinner in the restaurant -- a six course affair for only $50 each (before mom's bar tab -- they have a great wine selection). I had mentioned a food allergy when I called a few weeks earlier to ask them if I could bring my 9-year-old, and a few days before we were due to arrive, the chef called me to discuss my allergy to make sure the pre-fix dinner suited my needs. I don't think the restaurant is a six-course pre-fix menu every night, but they happened to have one the night we were there because the inn hosted a cooking class earlier in the day. I will definitely go back next time I make that Tampa to DC drive. And, I learned that if you have a dog, a couple who live down the street will house your dog during your stay at the inn (for a fee of course).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

I took my wife to Abingdon Manor for her birthday and I was a hero. The room was beautiful, the owners were very friendly and helpful, and the food was out of this world. Do not hesitate to visit. It was well worth every penny.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

Gracious hosts - Michael and Patty Griffey. Patty is a superb chef - dinner and breakfast were fantastic! The Manor is delightful. It's like stepping back in time a hundred years. The rooms are quite comfortable, equipped with all amenities, including fireplaces. The bathroom was larger than many motel rooms! We loved our stay. We resolved to never bypass Abingdon Manor on our treks up and down Interstate 95.

columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

abingdon manor was truly an exceptional experience. we've enjoyed many a meals, but these two dinners were hands down our very best ever. the cooking class was fabulous...we learned more than we ever imagined and cannot wait to apply (or attempt to do so) our new skills!!!

Bryn Mawr, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

There is a generosity of warm hospitality that greets a visitor at the door at Abingdon Manor. Upon arrival, from the taking of the bags that accompany the traveller to the wine that is poured after 7pm , the guest at Abingdon knows he/she is welcome. The atmosphere is such that strangers begin conversations and enjoy the talk. Then, when seated at the dinner, the conversation changes to the excellence of the food and the service. The result is that one plans more trips to places that will include another visit to this wonderful place. We came twice in 10 days and we regret that we can't return for a while. Arlene Litvin

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
chapel hill, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

As we exited our car, Michael our host appeared to help carry our luggage into the B&B and up the stairs to the Blue room. The room furnishings were very attractive and the bathroom fixtures were modern and elegant.. The queen bed rates a a 10 on a scale of 10. Several trains meandered through during the night, but were not obtrusive. The whistles blown at nearby road crossings were muted and a reminder of days gone by. We had a glass of Champagne in an upstairs sitting area then went down to dinner by the fire in the dining room. The entree was a pair of crab cakes which were all crab sauteed in butter. The wine selection was well done and reasonably priced. Table service was by Michael and a lovely young waitress both of whom were most informative and obliging for our group of 6 septugenarians traveling together en route for New Years in Pawleys Island, SC., This is a 5 star establishment. We will return next year.
Tim and Mimi
Chapel hill, NC

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2009

My wife and I spent only one nght at Abington Manor...but wish our stay could have been longer. Great room (the Red Room), great dinner and great service from Vicki, the Assistant Innkeeper(the Proprieters, Michael & Patty, were away). Also convenient to I-95. We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latta
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
#1 of 7 in Dillon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Florence
Baymont Inn & Suites Florence
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florence I-95 @ Hwy 327

Been to Abingdon Manor Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!