TripAdvisor
Landrum
Post
Inbox
Search

“Stop @ the Junction for good food ”
Review of Junction

Junction
Ranked #11 of 25 Restaurants in Landrum
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We went to the Junction in Landrum SC for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. We just moved to the Greer/Landrum area and wanted to find a nice Saturday morning breakfast place. The Junction is a quaint little country restaurant with local flair. Super nice management and our service was really good. Its a buffet style restaurant and we decided to go for breakfast. All the food was hot and the selection was really good. Three different meats, eggs, pancakes and oatmeal. The biscuits and gravy was great. I must admit that the muffins were a little hard and the grits were a tad runny. All in all a good breakfast buffet and good service. I hear the lunch buffet is even better do we will be back for lunch next.

So if you are looking for a 5 star restaurant then by all means drive to Atlanta but the Junction is good food for a good price and great local atmosphere. I recommend you give it a try.

1  Thank SCtravelers2012
Write a reviewReviews (62)

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stopped having passed there daily on my way to Greer, SC from North Carolina. Arrived about 12:15. The dining room was about one third full. I chose the buffet...at first glance it looked average. On the plus side the fried chicken was freshly fried and stacked under the hot lamp. After filling my plate and sitting down I noticed that my food was COLD coming off of a hot bar. I ate the chicken and a little of what else I had put on my plate suffering later. How can a restaurant have a buffet with a hot table and the food be room temperature? A guaranteed conduit to food borne illness. Having managed several well known and large cafeterias and restaurants in my youth and having owned my own poboy shops I would have fired any of my employees that loaded bar that cold.

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Normally I don't do buffets but this one is an exception. Have been there twice and the food was great both times. The fried chicken was wonderful. BBQ ribs were good, the country fried steak was not the best I have had but was ok. Good varity of veggies and salads and the Peach Cobbler is to die for. After having lunch here a nap is in order

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank rallyhost
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Food is not bad but over priced in my opinion. We indulge in the Fri nite fish fry ocassionally but that's all.It's good but not all that.

Date of visit: June 2013
2  Thank 11conn
Reviewed September 2, 2012

What a jewel we found on our trip down Hwy 11, aka Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway in South Carolina. We stopped at this particular spot to see the nearby covered bridge, and while there a fellow traveler recommended Junction for lunch. We were not disappointed. Great food, buffet style, and excellent service. Hope we get back that way again someday.

Date of visit: September 2012
1  Thank LisaB051

Been to Junction? Share your experiences!