“Sophisticated Country Fare”

Stone Soup Market & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Stone Soup is a casual fine dining establishment focused on hospitality and community. Nestled in the Carolina foothills of Landrum, South Carolina our restaurant is surrounded by beauty. Just as many regulars as visitors pass through our doors and each one is treated like family. If you're looking for a few drinks with friends, a dinner with the family, or a quiet date Stone Soup is here to cater to you.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A true gem in the foothills. A cold drink, warm reception, and tasty fare. This place never disappoints. The menu changes frequently and is prepared with care. The Shrimp and Grits can't be beat. I've been eating there for years and never been let down. A definite go to restaurant and a considerable step above the fried food offered elsewhere in Landrum.

1  Thank FredfarfromHome
There are newer reviews for Stone Soup Market & Cafe

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had the Bacon Jam Burger tonight and it was amazing the waitress said it was A great recipe with carmalized onions and applewood bacon and crusted with blue cheese. This is my new favorite at this place. The staff was on top of things as usual. I enjoy this place and the atmosphere its always welcoming and makes you feel like your a regular. I recommend this place to anyone...

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Pretty good menu, good food, great soup, slow kitchen, usually poor service. The owner lets the staff pick the music which is heavy rock and way too loud. Customers are usually over 40 and don't appreciate the music.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a party of 8 to celebrate a friends birthday. We could not have been more thrilled with our entire experience! The staff was very helpful and the meal was DELICIOUS!! Two people in our party said it was the best meal they had ever had!! They are in their 60's people! We had the peanut butter pie for desert and it was to die for! We can not wait to go back! And we will be telling all our friends!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

It is a rare occasion for my husband and me to be able to go out in the afternoon for a time off and take time for a sit down lunch together. So this was a special time for us and it was sad to say, completely ruined by a RUDE waitress and not to mention an extremely long wait for our food.

There were only 3 tables inside that were occupied and 2 on the outside where we sat. (décor and food was actually decent) but the time of 25 minutes to wait for your lunch is absurd.

The food is so plain and taste lacking that I grudged paying for it as I knew I would have done a better job... so it's hard to see what the other people were raving about when they said the food there is good.

Hopefully the business owner is reading this and will perhaps take the time to train their staff on how to be polite and courteous to their customers, serve the food within a shorter time frame and maybe add some flavor to the plain food?

Hope this helps to bring about a positive change...

1  Thank SalindaSingh
Suzanne S, Owner at Stone Soup Market & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

I sincerely apologize for your recent experience at my restaurant. I, unfortunately, have been out on medical leave and not able to be actively on site at the restaurant. Obviously, your review concerns me greatly as there is never any room for "rude" in the hospitality business. I would like to speak with you further regarding your experience. If you would contact me directly at stonesoup@windstream.net I would like to offer you and your husband a return visit on me and promise that you will have the dining experience that you anticipated when you came to Stone Soup. We value our customers greatly. They're ( really I should say you are)the reason we open our doors every day. I will look in to this matter and make sure changes are made to make sure this does not happen to any other guest. I however, do stand behind the quality of our food and have not found it to be bland or plain in anyway. I sincerely hope you will contact me.