“Great place for lunch with the girls”

Stone Soup Market & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Stone Soup is a casual fine dining establishment focused on hospitality and community. Nestled in the Carolina foothills of Landrum, South Carolina our restaurant is surrounded by beauty. Just as many regulars as visitors pass through our doors and each one is treated like family. If you're looking for a few drinks with friends, a dinner with the family, or a quiet date Stone Soup is here to cater to you.
Campobello, South Carolina
“Great place for lunch with the girls”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I love Stone Soup. I always have an excellent meal. It seems their menu is just a little different from any other place and that's what makes it appealing. I've never been disappointed. Just when I think I'm just going to order an entree, they tell me the soups of the day. I always end up getting one of their delicious soups. I really would like to try their Sunday brunch. I'm pretty sure it will be a winner.

Tryon, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've eaten lunch at Stone Soup in the past -- the food has always been fantastic and the service first-rate. We finally had the chance to stop in for Sunday Brunch last week and it was everything we had hoped for and more. Although I walked in craving traditional bacon and eggs, I couldn't resist when I saw the fried green tomato and pimento cheese burger on the menu. The burger was huge and cooked to perfection and the house-made pimento cheese added just the right to touch to an unexpectedly creative combo. My partner's shrimp and grits (I had to steal a taste . . . or two or three) was as good as any I've had anywhere, and I'm a big fan of that Southern classic. Whatever you do, don't pass up the white-wine Bloody Mary! Wow! I'm grateful to our server for suggesting it. We were so pleased with the experience we're going back this Sunday and taking along some out-of-town "big city" friends to show them they've got nothing on us small-town folk when it comes to sophisticated food served with professionalism and flair.

Saluda, North Carolina
“9 years and Going Strong”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have been visiting Stone Soup in Landrum for the nine years Suzanne has owned and operated it and we stand by one of our favorite local restaurants through any of its ups and downs.
Creating locally sourced, fresh, and nutritious restaurant meals from scratch is the daily mission of Stone Soup as it offers that and so much more to community.
I've experienced their hits (almost always) and misses (seldom) and in any case where we weren't satisfied, we were OVERLY compensated by management and staff.
Anyone who writes a terrible, scathing review of a restaurant makes me wonder: have they ever owned or operated or even worked to earn their living in one?
We will always return to Stone Soup: a lovely, home-like full-service restaurant that knows supports area farmers and works tirelessly to be an area friend.

• Visited April 2013
“Don't go if you have expectations of any type.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Slow, terrible service, hour and half to get served. Undercooked meat. Multiple requests to even get basics of service such as water. Won't go back and will share my experience with friends.

3 Thank Palmettomoon123
Suzanne S, Owner at Stone Soup Market & Cafe, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I apologize to our guests who were here this past Saturday night and did not have the dining experience they expected and we wanted to give them. We had only 20 reservations and over 150 showed up. Obviously we were overwhelmed and unprepared to handle such numbers. Our chef burned himself, tickets were lost as our ticket holders were not large enough to hold so many tickets and the food that did come out was not coordinated with the correct table. We took this as an opportunity to make some changes in the front of the house as well as the kitchen to ensure that this would not happen again. To all the diners who are willing to give us another opportunity, I ask that you contact me directly and I will provide you with a gift certificate for your return visit. Many thanks to those guests who are willing to give us another chance to provide the dining experience which will make them want to return many times.
Clemson, South Carolina, United States
“Service was terrible!!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We ate there today for Sunday brunch, two people. Had to ask 4 times for water- the male waiter acted as if I had asked for his favorite toy. The young lady finally brought something to drink. The three people seated after we arrived got their food first - and we were seated 15 minutes after them! Two of their plates were the same as our order, I believe they gave our lunch to them. POORLY TRAINED STAFF.....food was ok, but we were ready to walk out right when came to the table. Terrible.

• Visited March 2013