“Decent pub food, nothing to brag about”

The Hare & Hound Pub
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Not bad but definitely disappointing. Green beans much to salty. Country steak was too greasy, over battered so not much taste. Nice variety, fried chicken and Guiness pie would probably have been better selections.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

After many trips here I decided to review. I don't usually talk about local establishments.this time and most times in the past it seems to take forever to get your order from the kitchen. Our food was good although they made me the wrong burger. Waiter offered to make it right but we were on a schedule. Beer is always cold and their fried pickles are the best. Bottom line it's a bar with bar food. Go enjoy a pint.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Friendly waitstaff and fried food galore. The food is good Pub fare but nothing else. Past forays into more diverse menus have yielded less than desirable results. This is a fried food and burnt steak locale. It is in the middle of town and so gets a good a flow of customers. Don't let the crowd fool you, this isn't the best place to eat. Just the easiest to get to. I will admit the house FRIED chips are really good, but that is the highlight.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Very good food service. Nothing fancy but they have a bar and offer a great menu. It's fun to visit but crowded at lunch time. But I've never had to wait a long time. It's a small town's favorite pub and met a real need in this area.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My son and I drove over 1/2 an hour to have lunch here Sat. The place looked intriguing from the outside. We entered and were told by the hostess a table would be ready for us as soon as she wiped it off. Then another hostess arrived to say we had to go outside and wait. Who's in charge here? After 15 minutes outside our name was called. We were showed our table with menus. The hostess didn't bother to stick around long enough to make sure we were seated properly. My son's chair was so wet, he had to trade it for another chair at another table. Our waitress came a few minutes later and asked if we were ready. I had to ask what the soup of the day and quiche of the day was first. I ordered the soup of the day. We ordered sweet potato fries as an appetizer for our meals. The food took so long to arrive that I noticed many things. The busboy used no bin to carry short stacks of dirty dishes to the kitchen or to shake out his wet towel he used on the tables. He dropped a napkin on the floor. Workers stepped on it until finally a waitress picked it up. He also was in charge of the popcorn popper. I did not see him leave to wash his hands before he opened packages of popcorn and oil and squeezed them to put them in the popper. One waitress brought all her customers popcorn. The other wait staff made the customers have to ask. One waiter had his thumb in several customers plates. Our fries arrived burnt, but that was okay because there weren't many fries on the plate anyway. The size of my cup of soup was about 4 ounces tops. My half sandwich had hardly any filling. My son said his beef dish was fine. The table next to us had an order of fries as an appetizer, and it was twice the size of our order. I ran out of water, and it was not refilled. That first hostess without an apron also hand carried food to tables. Our bill was brought to us without being asked if we wanted dessert. The side 1/2 order of burnt fries ... was over $6.