“Great atmosphere, lots of charm and the food is really good.”

The Hare & Hound Pub
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Visited this restaurant during lunchtime. This was my 3rd time and each time I have been happy with my experience. The staff is friendly and pub atmosphere is engaging. The restaurant is located on the corner in downtown Landrum and has outdoor seating that lends to the carefree vibe. I had a wrap, as I had the last time I was there. It is a menu feature to have a "wrap of the day", this particular day was a Buffalo Chicken wrap served with a side of fries. It was very good. The chicken was savory and there was NO gristle (which is VERY important to me). The fries were very good as well, the batter they were fried in was light and crispy with a really nice flavor. My 3 yr old son got a cheeseburger w/fries and he seemed to really enjoy his too. My husband and my mother both got Fish and Chips and both said it was an enjoyable meal, the fish smelled really good and fresh. The only complaint I have about this place is that the food coming out was a bit slow, especially for lunch time. Otherwise, I would highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for The Hare & Hound Pub

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have eaten here several times and the food was always quite good. The problem this last time was as follows: a friend ordered prime rib medium rare, it came out rare so it was sent back. It was prepared as ordered, but when our friend started to eat she stated that it was of poor quality, stringy and tough. The waitress asked if she wanted something else and our friend chose a chicken salad sandwich. When the check came our friend was charged for the prime rib that she did not eat minus a dollar. The waitress explained that the owner had tried the steak and said there was nothing wrong with it and that is why we had to pay for the steak instead of the sandwich. We had never had this happen at any other establishment. We should have asked to talk to the owner, but did not. This has changed our attitude towards this restaurant.

2  Thank Mike W
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Great food & great atmosphere. When we go to Lake Lure, this is one of our "must do" places. Friends and family agree ;)

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stopped here for lunch while visiting family. The place was busy ~ great lunch menu with enormous sandwiches, steaming bowls of soup, fresh salads, and very friendly servers. We ordered a hot ham and cheese (which would have been called a croque monsieur anywhere else - it was delicious) served with home-made potato chips (I had to fight my relatives to keep mine to myself). Very friendly, rustic pub decor, plenty of tv's to watch sporting events. Highly recommended.

1  Thank GhislaineM
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Was antiquing with two gals today and we wanted something to eat other than a chain restaurant, or place that didn't look seedy. Was heading towards Landrum and one of te women suggested H&H, she'd been there once before, and while I had heard of it, drove by it many times, I had yet to eat there, nor did they other gal.

Place was very busy, but we were seated right away. Menu was interesting and I finally settled on the Chicken Pot Pie, though it was a tough decision as I had recently found chicken pot pie to die for in Greenville. While I wasn't crazy about the pinwheel shaped puffed pastry they place on top,( it was very tough, not flaky at all) the inside filling was DELICIOUS! It's served ina soup size bowl. There is no sides to it.

The other gal got the Guinness Beef Pie - served in a soup size bowl and served with 2 small pieces of garlic bread - she said it was really good. The other gal got The Pilgrim sandwich with onion straws on the side. She loved the sandwich but we both agreed that the straws were on the salty side.

Service, it was slow. I think they were understaffed that day. Our waitress took forever to take our order, bring our bill and take our money. It wasn't that she was slow, she just had way too many tables, not her fault.

All in all, I liked the place and would go back again. If you are in the area, it's worth it to give it a try. It's very close to I-26, you take exit 1 and ead east on 14 and it will be right in downtown Landrum.

1  Thank Debelli