“We've come back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Kilburnie, the Inn at Craig Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Lancaster B&B and Inns
East Sussex
“We've come back”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

After a splendid one night stay last year, we came back for two nights.

Having spent a few days driving, and staying in (albeit very good) chain hotels, Kilburnie has a very magical feel.

It was just as nice this second time, and we had time to enjoy the area. A walk in the woods, and a tour of some of the farm gave a better idea of the estate. Due to a heat wave (90F+) it was also just enjoyable to sit on the balcony or in the comfy sitting room.

I think next year will be two nights as well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We sought reasonably priced, comfortable lodging, close to our business destination. To our great surprise, we found this historical gem in the midst of gorgeous countryside, and the penultimate innkeeper, Johannes. We stayed an extra day to enjoy the wonder. You must stay here, whether on business, on the road to another destination, for a romantic getaway, or for another special occasion. There are trails from the inn through the adjacent countryside that are particularly spectacular with fall leaves this time of year. If you wish (and you should), Johannes will give you a fascinating history and tour of Kilburnie and Craig Farm. While serving a scrumptuous breakfast he has prepared himself, he will also share his personal life achievements, adventures and plans.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
East Sussex
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I wanted a nights accomodation near Lancaster in the middle of a 675 mile drive. Normally I chose a Best Western or equivalent, but could not find one the area that I liked the look of. Kilburnie was in the correct location and we thought, even though it is a bit more expensive than our normal $100 rate, it looked nice.

We arrived about 6pm, the welcome was warm, and we had a tour of the house. Everything was perfect and the website cannot do the place justice. The rooms are beautiful, the bathroom pure luxury and the setting perfect. As we had had a large lunch we decided to have a picnic on the balcony, outside our room. It was like being royal guests for the night.

Breakfast in english B&Bs is normally very good. This breakfast was exceptional in both cooking and presentation.

We left 15 hours after arriving. We talked about the experience a lot over the next 6 hour drive

Next year, we will stay two nights.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This B&B is wonderful find in Lancaster, South Carolina I would highly recommened a visit. Lots of history beautifully furnished. Alittle off the beaten path for all you who like it that way.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed March 30, 2009

This was my 3rd visit to Kilburnie Inn and I cannot say enough positive things about the inn and especially about Johannes, the host. The guest rooms are all very nice and the public rooms are warm and welcoming.
My husband is not a fan of B&B's but he stayed here with me last Nov and loved it too. His favorite part is that you aren't staying in someone's home because Johannes lives across the street.
The service is 5 star or better! We often stay in 5 star resorts when we travel and I have never had better service. Johannes goes out of his way to make sure your stay is wonderful. I completely agree with a previous post in that you feel as if you are the only guest staying there.
I love this place so much that I stayed here this trip although my business was in Chester (30+ miles away).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank bking00
Lancaster, South Carolina
Reviewed January 22, 2009

We stayed in August and enjoyed it enough that we had family join us the week after Christmas. The six of us had a wonderful time and again the Innkeeper was an outstanding host as well as the facility being excellent.

• Liked — the house and the innkeeper
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MBNick
California
Reviewed November 2, 2008

I have stayed at Kilburnie several times, and each time I think it can't get better but it does. Johannes, the inn keeper, makes you feel like you are the only person there. I don't have a favorite room, they are all wonderful. You can pick a room with a fireplace in the bathroom or a fireplace in your bedroom. I love sitting on the porch with a good book. The grounds are lovely also. I just can't recommend the Kilburne Inn highly enough.

• Liked — Jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank HappyTravel62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Super 8 Lancaster
Super 8 Lancaster
#1 of 3 in Lancaster
Quality Inn Lancaster
Quality Inn Lancaster
#2 of 3 in Lancaster
Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area

Been to Kilburnie, the Inn at Craig Farm? Share your experiences!