“Fast, friendly, and flavorful.”

Mariachis Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kershaw, South Carolina
“Fast, friendly, and flavorful.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I am a regular visitor of Los Mariachis. If my family and I ever go to Lancaster to eat, this is always where we end up dining. There are three primary reasons for this.

We have been to Los Mariachis when there was no one around, and we have been there when people were parking in the hotel parking lot next door. There seems to be a lot more seating in the restaurant than there are places to park which would explain why my family is always able to have a seat the moment we walk into the restaurant. There are rooms to the left and to the right of the entrance. There is outdoor seating, and there is a raised platform area for seating guests as well as a bar. There are plenty of booths for those who prefer them and tables for larger parties, so Los Mariachis is big, spacious, and can hold lots of guests.

The staff has also been ultra friendly. Even though I doubt any of them remember me, I have seen so many familiar faces working at Los Mariachis. That said, we have had the same waiter or waitress multiple times, and they have always been nice. If food takes too long or is forgotten, sometimes they will bring out a complimentary dessert as a way of apologizing.

Everything is always delicious as well. I'm the type of person that once I get comfortable with a food, I order it every time I visit. My personal favorite dish is the chicken nachos fajitas. It has peppers, mushrooms, onions, chicken, and a delicious cheese sauce that I could eat every day if there were absolutely no consequences. There have been times where I picked off of others' plates too, and the only thing I would advice not eating there is soup.

At the end of the day, this is my personal favorite place to eat in Lancaster. I hardly know what other restaurants exist in town because of Los Mariachis. It's just a great atmosphere with great workers and great food.

• Visited December 2012

Lancaster, South Carolina
“Good atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is one of our top 2 Mexican restaurants in Lancaster. We have to drive to it, so we don't go as often as the one we can walk to.

Visited August 2012
York, South Carolina
“Not quite "authentic" Mexican, but great food @ great prices”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Not quite "authentic" Mexican, but great food @ great prices, huge portions and the service is adequate. They are very accommodating for large groups and the food comes out piping hot and lighting fast!!

• Visited July 2012
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“speedy”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I had Speedy Gonzales for under $5. Good taste. No complaints. Wait staff were great. I sat outside. Loved the breeze.

• Visited June 2012
upper state south carolina
“Better than others!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

walk through the door and you are quickly greeted and seated. not long and you will be given salsa (fresh) and chips that are warm and lightly fried. They are thinner than those in stores and most visits I could just sit and eat the salsa and chips the whole time.

They have a full menu and also a lunch menu and will give you a grill menu. I have had only a few items off the menu, but the one i get repeatedly is the chicken fundito. it is a adobo cooked chicken in a flour tortilla (I like mine soft) fried, served with cheese on top and sour cream. along side refried beans and red rice.

the plates are very hot sometimes, and the food is always quickly served at lunch time. so if you are in a hurry for a hour lunch this is a good choice.

the service has always been very good, although sometimes getting a refill on your drink or of salsa might be a little slow in trying to find your waiter and dont bother asking the salsa server, they usually dont speak english very well.

sometimes the salsa is not hot enough for me so I will ask for hot and no id cant eat that straight I just add a little to the other until it is hot enough.

• Visited February 2012