“Family Reunion! Enjoyed Our Stay!!!”

Security Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake City
Security Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lake City
19082
“Family Reunion! Enjoyed Our Stay!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to stay here at the recommendation of a family member who comes down here every year for family reunion. We ended up renting 5 rooms from this motel. The staff was very courteous. Our room, was always, always clean. We never saw a bug inside our room... never. It was nice to have a 32" tiv on the wall. Most places offer a smaller tv than that..

The surroundings isn't too bad either. Me and my wife went on a nice walk during lunch, and enjoyed ourselves, without worry. My only "concern" is that sometimes their are some strange folk who rent there, some of whom don't mind poking their head in your window as they walk by. If i was a single woman, i would of really been cheeped out by them.

A few nights, me and family sat out near our cars, and talked. We are older, so our voices was low, being mindful of others. All in all, we had a very pleasant time there...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank C00lGuy
Johnny F, Manager at Security Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. We specialize in family reunions and only advertise through word of mouth. Recommend us to your friends and family and we will not disappoint them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My son and his family, as well as my daughter and I, stayed at the Security Inn on July 10, 2013. We found the rooms to be clean and inviting. Levi, the staff employee who checked us in and out was most helpful. I HIGHLY recommend the Security Inn to anyone who may be traveling through Lake City. Keep up the GREAT work...I will be back! Jim Moore

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Johnny F, Owner at Security Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We only advertise through word of mouth and we try to be on our best behavior at all times. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will visit us again soon.
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Two rooms reserved were clean for the most part, but the carpet could take a little cleaning from the looks of the socks I wore around the room. The staff was very nice and polite, except for a phone call I received from the front desk late one evening asking am I related to another guest with the same last name. Comfortable beds, the full size refrigerator and microwave surely came in handy. There is a Huddle House and fast food eateries, CVS pharmacy nearby. Even though I come to visit another town, I would bypass their lodging, drive a few more miles and stay here again...it's worth it.

Room Tip: If possible, choose rooms away from vending/ice machines to avoid noise from outside of room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Johnny F, Owner at Security Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and suggestions. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Hemingway, South Carolina
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very clean room,but when we checked in the room it smelled like cigarette and it was a non smoking room and i hated that smell.I work at a hotel on the beach,so I know yall should have some air freshener.I didn't like the fact that there are only two wash cloths in the room and they should be four,because when you done wash that night,and when morning comes u don't have another wash cloth to wash with when it's two person in a room.Great hotel but got to do better about the wash cloths,and the smell of the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diva843
Johnny F, Manager at Security Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for the review. We apologize for the smoke in the non-smoking room. In the future if you have any problems please let us know immediately so that we can take of it. Overall, we are glad that you had a great experience and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a facility in a town that has a bad rep for crime, but if you have to stay overnight in this town I would recomend this hotel. The staff are all very freindly and efficent.
I have stayed at this hotel before and one of the others in this town, The Security Inn is by far the best compared to the others. The rooms are very clean , the linens and bedding are very good. They have free wifi and coffee. The rooms I've stayed in had a fridge, microwave, and ironing board. I don't think they do breakfast, but there is a Huddle House just up the street that is a good clean restrurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank highmiles61
Johnny F, Manager at Security Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind review. Please be our guest again soon.
East Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. Very clean and spacious rooms. The staff was very patient and understanding. We stayed in the hotel for two days, we had a funeral to attend. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in Lake City, South Carolina

Room Tip: if you have a large family, please choose the room with three beds.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chrisjavan
Thank you for staying with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were in town this weekend for a big family funeral. I had never been to Lake City and wasn't sure what to expect. I can be a bit of a hotel snob so I wasn't really looking forward to staying in a motel. I'm a Marriott rewards member and was looking for something a little more upscale.

As it turns out the Security Inn is as upscale as it gets in Lake City. Over the weekend I was in town I had relatives in all 3 hotels in town. I got the chance to check out various rooms in this hotel and of the other 2 hotels in town. The security inn was BY FAR the best.

First the Pro's:
The service was amazing. The people working here are warm, friendly and could not be more accomodating. The room was spacious and clean. [we had the king suite]. There is a full size refrigerator and microwave and a nice flat screen tv. The beds were comfortable. There are plenty of shops and stores in walking ditance and there is a super market right across the street. The water pressure was amazing and the shower head had several settings.

The Cons:
It's a mo-tel. It's not fancy or lux. It's a basic place to sleep and eat. There's no pool.

I visited the Lake City Inn - yikes. They have a pool but it's closed. The wall paper was peeling and the room looked VERY dark and worn. Breakfast was included.

The Days Inn has a working pool, but the rest of the hotel was a mixed bag.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Klwoodsy
We work hard to make our guest experience a pleasant one. Thank you for kind words and hope that you visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake City
Hotel Florence
#1 of 41 in Florence
Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Florence

Been to Security Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!