“EXCELLENT DAYS INN!”
Review of Days Inn Lake City

Days Inn Lake City
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is the best Days Inn I have stayed at...

The room was clean, modern, comfortable, safe, quiet. The grounds and parking area are clean and will cared for. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I normally do not like Days Inn in general but this particular one was an excellent choice.

If you find yourself in this small town this is the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
DaysInn_LakeCity, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Your kindness is highly appreciated for recognizing the hard work that every staff member puts into running this establishment. Thank you for taking the time to write this survey. We humans often make sure that bad service is published, however only a good few people take the time to write surveys like this one. I will pass on your message to my staff. We all look forward to seeing you again. Take care.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I can't comment on the rooms themselves because I never got to see one...Because I work in the hotel technology field, I’ve had to stay at a lot of hotels, and I am not kidding you when I say I have never been treated so horribly by the ‘so called’ front desk clerk/owner of this Days Inn Lake City hotel at 170 S Ronald McNair Blvd.

When I arrived at 1:15 pm, no one was at the front desk. I waited there with credit card and ID in my hand, and then finally a lady comes through one door in the lobby and say’s ‘hold on, do you have a reservation?’ while walking to another door across the room. Then when she comes out the other room and I told her I did have a reservation and she says check-in is at 2pm. And I said to her, “it’s only 45 min away, are you saying you don’t have any rooms available at this point? Because I only see two cars in the parking lot.”

You see, I was traveling there from Dallas and needed to get ready for an online meeting for work. And she would know that I at least requested an early check in had she bothered to even look at my reservation. But instead, she just said, “what kind of room did you want?” And by this time I was a little put off by her bad front desk clerk skills so I gave her my name and specifically asked her to pull up the reservation. (Why should I have to ask the front desk clerk to pull up the reservation?)

She pulls up the reservation and realizes I requested a queen non-smoking, and at no point did she ever say that they didn’t have any rooms available at that time. But do you know what the next words that came out of her mouth were, “I’m going to need the ID of the person who made the reservation, not your ID.” To which I quickly responded, “What are you talking about? It’s my reservation.” And then I handed her my ID (which had been in my hand since I walked into the lobby of the hotel.) Then she looked at my ID and said, “Oh.” You see, I have a name that could be a man or woman’s name, so instead of her simply looking at my ID in the first place, she assumed the name I gave her had to be a man, and wanted his ID. She didn’t offer any apology or anything. So I said to her, “Oh My Gosh, and just shook my head.” Then, she had the nerve to ask me why was I was getting an attitude with her. Well I quickly explained to her that not only did I have to wait for someone to show up at the front desk, but then she started the conversation with what time check-in was, as if she were scolding me. And then on top it off, she offended me by treating me like I wasn’t even the person for whom the reservation was made. I told her the way she’s been treating me is crazy, seeing as though I’m supposed to be the guest.

So she gave me back my ID and said, “you need to just come back at 2pm. I’m the owner and I don’t have to let you stay here.” Now keep in mind, I had a meeting I was supposed to get ready for, but never even got to tell her about my meeting because of the other stuff that happened up to this point. So I asked her what her problem was and why is she treating me like this, and that I was going to call Days Inn corporate to complain.” And then she told me, “I’m just going to call them and cancel your reservation because I don’t want you staying here and I’m the owner and I have the right to refuse anyone a room.”

And then I told her I’m going to complain to as many people who will hear me about how I was treated at that hotel today. I got in my car and had to drive 15 miles just so my phone would be in range of service, and as soon as it was, I called Days Inn to file a complaint. And no, I wasn’t able to attend the online meeting because I couldn’t find another place fast enough to get a wifi-connection.

Just because you own a hotel doesn’t mean you have what it takes to work at the front desk. She didn’t greet me in any type of friendly manner, she didn’t bother to pull up my reservation until I asked her to, and she acted like I couldn’t possibly be the person listed on the reservation. And to top it off, she decided to cancel my rewards reservation and turn me away because she didn’t like me. All I can say is someone as Days Inn corporate really needs to have this owner go through more management training/front desk training/customer service training because what she did today could easily warrant a law suit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank frequenttravels69
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Sorry, but I think you have the wrong hotel. Thank You.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is a very nice motel for a small town. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The rooms were clean with new furniture,clean bathrooms and free breakfast. We would definitely use motel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MYNIKSU
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, my staff and I are very appreciative of you for recognizing the hard work that our teams puts into this each day and night 24/7. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Very clean and professionally managed property. Nice clean and brand new looking rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor looked excellent. Everything is so nice about the hotel. •"Rooms on...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to appreciate our hotel. Comments like this give us the motivation to continue the very hard work that goes behind each successful operation. My staff and I look forward to seeing you again and to make your stay memorable once more. Thank You.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

If u dont want a hotel with people smoking getting arrested and never having your room clean then don't go here when you want to check in it takes about 30 minutes and there dog barks all day long so you can't get any sleep.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Monica L
DaysInn_LakeCity, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Miss Monica, I apologize that your stay was anything less than excellent. At this property we strive to make the stay of our guest the best. I am sorry that it may have taken longer than expected. We are also a pet friendly hotel and cannot control if animals bark at each other, but once again please accept my apologies. I still do not understand your complaint about smoking and arrest. I would like to know your concerns in detail if possible. I hope you will give us a chance in the near future to take good care of you. Thank you once again.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

HOUSEKEEPING: Though the linen in my room was clean, the bathroom was filthy and the carpet smelled as if someone had a bowel movement on the carpet in the area near the sink. If you value your home, don't bring your luggage into the room. Just take what you need as you need it from the car. Roaches weren't present in every room we booked, but several of them were present.

MAINTENANCE: The air conditioner smelled like rotten eggs when you turned it on which is unacceptable in almost 90 degree weather in the summer time. The air conditioners leaked outside of majority of the rooms whereas the self proclaimed owner of the proper advised us to be careful as we walked past the rooms.

FRONT DESK: I experienced the worst customer service ever at this hotel with the self proclaimed owner and her assistant. We stayed at the hotel as a part of our family reunion so we had multiple rooms. She was rude to the guests as she was checking us all in, threatening not to rent reserved and prepaid rooms to us without refund. Saturday morning around 9am, we all went to the pool for a swim. Shortly after entering the pool, the 'owner' came to advise us that we had to get out because they put chemicals in the pool at night. After further questioning we were advised that the pool would be closed until 2pm because she needed to ensure that people that were supposed to check out at 11am weren't still there to use the pool. The purpose of choosing to stay at this hotel was specifically to use the pool and it had a decent rating and comments on various websites we checked.

FOOD/BEVERAGE: The sign posted on the marquee on the street advertised hot breakfast, but we were offered stale muffins and bagels for breakfast. Big disappointment and false advertising.

COMPLIMENT: The housekeepers were the most friendly people that were employed at the hotel. They were extremely helpful and cordial. They should be the ones running the hotel, not the evil women that currently does.

IMPORTANT: Unless you come with your own wifi, request to stay as close to the office as you can, other than that, you will not receive a good signal. Also, if you have any other carrier aside from T-Mobile or AT&T, you will NOT have cell service. You will be able to text, but not make or receive telephone calls.

Overall my experience at this hotel was terrible and I will never stay nor recommend this hotel to anyone. I have already hit all of the travel website to make sure anyone that looked for recommendations or stars know 100% that this was not the place to stay. The only reason we stayed at the hotel is because we spent so much money up front and none of it was refundable. TERRIBLE!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SimplySpoyled
DaysInn_LakeCity, General Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Thank You for taking the time to write an review. I do appreciate your concerns, I have researched your case with with my staff and have found that his reservation was made via Hotels.com, further after viewing the video camera found some facts which I would like to state, I discovered that your whole group was giving the front desk a very hard time and therefore the hotel manager had to call security. I apologize that your group had to be controlled in such a way. As far pool, yes the pool does not open until check in time which is 2pm and even after your rude behavior with the manger she did over ride the policy and gave you an early check in . I have also further noticed that your group stayed for three days. Please note that this hotel is a CHAIRMAM AWARD WINNER property and we strive to provide our customers the best of the best. This property has also finished a major renovation in 2012 and so we are sorry if you feel the room are not up to your standards. Me and my staff at all times work very hard to give our guest the best.. Thank you for stay with us.

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stay this hotel. My room is always clean. Service is always great. Nina is wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2012
DaysInn_LakeCity, Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank You for your taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this review. I am very appreciative for the recognition of the very hard work that my staff and me together put into operating this hotel, every single day so that we may better serve out customers. I will share your review with my staff and reward them for their hard work, since it would me unfair for me to take all credit. I hope to see you in the near future. Thank You. Nina

Been to Days Inn Lake City? Share your experiences!