“Made us sick”

Cuisines: Seafood
pooler, United States
“Made us sick”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We ate at gilligans in Summerville 10/7/2013. It made us both sick. Soo greasy. Avoid this place. Worst hush puppies I have ever been served. Fish sandwich was greasy with skin on. French fries were green

1 Thank Frieta Q

Anderson, South Carolina
“Pretty good”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have actually ate here a couple times. But today seem like my first real experience. It wasn't very busy, so we got seated very quickly. The place was very clean and the waitress did a descent job. I ended up getting the fried flounder and shrimp, and it was reasonably good. The manager came by several times to speak to us, so that was nice. So sure.. we'd go again. The food was reasonably priced as well.

1 Thank Wayne117
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good seafood”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Dinner tonite was good. Food was very tasty, shrimp burger was nicely seasoned and horseradish sauce was good. Friend had crab cakes & said they were the best she ever had. Hushpuppies tasted good, too. Service was good. The decor could improve, so could the cleanliness.

1 Thank CharlestonWoman
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Really gone downhill”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Not been for a while but this place has really gone downhill, the hush puppies had clearly been sitting around for a bit. The menu is nowhere near as good as previously. The main courses all appeared with the food on plates that were way too small - poor presentation. The final problem was the couple in the next booth, total disgusting habits including breaking wind.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rmcin626
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I don't know what happened but this restaurant has really gone down hill.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went this restaurant yesterday with my boyfriend, his sister and her boyfriend. All four of us haven't been there in a while and was craving some awesome seafood. Boy were we disappointed. First off they were "seat yourself" once we got to our booth it took a long time before a waiter came to our table. The hush puppies came after the nasty shrimp dip appetizers (which came with crackers in individual wrappers). The dip was poorly seasoned and tasted store bought not made there. Once our entries came it got worse. My boyfriend's sister got fried oysters and they were lukewarm, overcooked and soggy and her mashed potatoes (along with everyone else that ordered the potatoes) were instant not fresh. Me and my boyfriend's shecrab soup tasted like a mixture of condensed milk and pumpkin pie spices. I decided that I'll just eat my ceaser salad and was appalled that it was shredded lettuce swimming in dressing and that's it (no croutons, onions or even a tomato). Oh and the hush puppies had mystery veggies in some of them. And to add onto this great experience my boyfriend's sister dropped her nose ring under the table. What we saw was discusting. There was mold under the booth seats, an old empty and dirty hot sauce bottle and about an inch of dirt and a piece of hair weave. To anyone who is thinking about eating here DON'T DO IT! This place is run down, dirty and overpriced.

• Visited June 2013