“B-W Magnolia Inn”

Best Western Magnolia Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ladson
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Friendly staff, very clean room, comfortable bed, exceptional shower for a hotel now-a-days. Good value for the money. Breakfast was good with nice selections. Would stay here again. Only drawback is the distance from Historic Charleston, but good trade off for the dollars spent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Magnolia Inn and Suites

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was a little hesitant with staying at this hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. The service was great, rooms were very clean and the bed very comfortable. I have no complaints, good deal for the money!! It is close to Charleston but far enough so you don't have to pay too much for a hotel stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Nothing especially good or bad about this hotel. I had to stay in the handicap suite, despite there being plenty of regular rooms. I guess they thought I would like the space, but not this guy.

There was also a dead roach on the floor in one corner. Didn't notice it until we were about to leave. At least it was dead already. Maybe the pest control they do was the cause, though worrisome they didn't vacuum.

Other than that, it was okay. Not too sketchy neighborhood. Mostly construction workers and the occasional people passing through. Lady at the front desk was kind of rude, but she works at a hotel. So you get what you're expecting.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you would like to be near Charleston without paying the Charleston prices this is the perfect location.
The hotel is very clean and well maintained and the free continental breakfast was very nice with a good selection of meals.
The front desk staff was wonderful, made us feel very welcome and helped out with suggestions of near by resturants.
Would definately stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very friendly front-desk staff. Helped my husband and I book a room at the last minute. Clean and quiet, comfortable rooms. The light breakfast in the morning was a nice addition, too! Not too pricey and a good location close to Charleston.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family of four just spent one night at the Best Western Magnolia Inn in Ladson, and it was a perfectly fine hotel that I would gladly stay in again. We have family in the area and usually don't need a hotel when we visit, but we found we would need a hotel room on very short notice and had to get a room just a few days before our arrival. I was unaware that so many events were going on in the area while we would be there (Flowertown Festival, Bridge Run, Family Circle tennis), but it explains why I had so much trouble finding a place to stay. All of my first choices were totally booked, but I found this hotel while searching on the internet, and since the reviews looked okay and it wasn't too far out of my way, I went ahead and made the reservation. We got the AAA rate of $116 for a Saturday night for a non-smoking room with two queens. The room, and all of the hotel that we saw, was very clean, and the room was more than adequate. The beds were very comfortable with the "triple sheeting" concept so there was no questionable bedspread to worry about. The bathroom had a nice shower (we're tall so we like a nice, high shower head along with good pressure and lots of hot water) with shampoo and soap, and the room had a hair dryer, ironing board, iron, fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. Breakfast in the morning was fine, abundant if not of the highest quality. The selection included muffins, fruit, cold cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, juice, and coffee. The only criticism I really have is that the hotel gets quite a bit of road noise from the location right off of the highway. We ran the HVAC fan all night which drowned out the sound quite nicely, and we all slept just fine. The front desk attendant was efficient and friendly, and our stay was totally pleasant, so I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean place to stay in the Charleston area that is family and budget friendly.

Room Tip: There will be road noise, but switch the AC unit fan on, and you should be fine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is located about 15 miles from the historic district. My room was big, spacious and very clean. Our trip was short, but I would stay at this hotel again if I didn't stay in the historic downtown. Also, there is a McDonalds across from the hotel and Pizza Hut a couple of miles down the road so it is located close to food.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ladson
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 10 in Summerville
Wyndham Garden Summerville
Wyndham Garden Summerville
#6 of 10 in Summerville
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston Un...
#10 of 58 in North Charleston
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 3 in Goose Creek
Courtyard Charleston Summerville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 10 in Summerville

Been to Best Western Magnolia Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!