Located near I-26, it just so happens, I-26 east, ends in historic downtown
Charleston. There is a McDonald's and a gas station in walking distance, but
there is no sidewalk, which, if you were careful, you could navigate it. Hotel sits
in a wooded area, seems safe enough.
The rooms were clean, and well cared for, seems to be a fairly new hotel. The
hotel is located in a small southern forest (some pine needles and palm trees).
The breakfast is your average complimentary hot and cold buffet breakfast.
The staff wasn't very attentive to what was running out, and needed to be
refilled, could have been a shift change, check with the front desk. You
definitely want to start out on a full stomach, there's plenty to do in Charleston,
especially coffee. I had waffles from the waffle iron, always delicious, honey
bun, sausage patties and scrambled eggs. You have your pick of cold cereal,
pastries, and fruit. It was all prepared well and the area was clean, very
acceptable for you or your family to sit down for a nice breakfast.
Our room was clean and comfortable. The first thing I noticed when walking in
was the big LCD TV, maybe about a 46", great picture. We were right next
door to the pool. Which was just fine, no wetness or mildew in the room from
the pool. However, it was a handicap accessible, room, which meant the
bathroom was made to suit a wheelchair-bound person. The hotel didn't appear
to be full, maybe it was the last non-smoking room, not sure why we got that
room. It wasn't a show-stopper for us. The bathroom had a locker room feel to
it, the walk-in shower is huge. The main issue is that the whole entire floor can
get wet, there is a drain in the center of the floor. Let's just say the bathroom
has seen alot of use. It would probably be best to avoid room 107 if you have
kids, and if you are not in need of those accomodations. But if that doesn't
bother you, you will be next to a nice pool. I would suggest this hotel to the
budget minded traveler, who doesn't mind if they are not in the thick-of-things,
but can reach the attractions easily.
The area seems safe for a family, there was always law enforcement taking a break at the nearby gas station/convenience store.
To get there from the airport take, I-26 west from the airport to Exit 203,
College Park road, about 12 miles, take a right, and then quick left, you'll see
the Best Western sign. To get to Charleston, from the hotel, take I-26 east, 19
miles to historic downtown. All Charleston attractions can be accessed by I-26
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy true Southern hospitality and convenient access to many key area attractions while staying at the BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn & Suites. Ideally situated just off South Carolina's Interstate 26, this hotel features well-appointed guest rooms and suites, each fully equipped with cable satellite television with HBO(R) and high-speed Internet access. Begin each morning with a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast before relaxing in the outdoor swimming pool or working out in the onsite fitness center. The BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn & Suites also features guest laundry, business services and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Best Western and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Magnolia Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Magnolia Hotel Ladson
- Best Western Ladson
- Ladson Best Western